LegacyGT.com

Just got a Garmin nuvi 760

urs1ne

The suction cup arm mount deal is too tall to fit in my cubby. I guess I will need to find the one he recommends for the 760 on his website.

I don't think you need that cubby gps mount, IMO. Your Garmin 760 mount should be the same as my 780. If you angle the windshield mount up and keep the suction cup lever forward(released), it will be tight but should fit like a glove. Slide straight in until the lever clips under the door ridge midway in cubby. Leave the rubber mat in the cubby when trying this, mine fit perfectly.

Ok, I played around with it some more and figured out what you meant about kind of wedging it in there. Looks like that should work out fine, all I need to do is buy a cigarette lighter from kargen or something to wire up behind the dash and tap into the stock cigarette lighter and then run the audio cable. I have the 07 so it has the button for Sat and that kind of stuff, so was it easy to hook it up or do I need to do one of those Jazzy mods?
^ n00bs below this line

Anyone? I just want my GPS to interrupt whatever is already going through the speakers so when I get a blue tooth phone call or GPS directions they will be heard instead of my music or whatever.
^ n00bs below this line

So my only real option is to tap into my AUX input? Im usually listening to ipods so it wouldnt be too hard to hit pause when I get a call or need GPS directions. I guess more than anything I just want hard wired sound quality instead of the shitty FM broadcast quality.
^ n00bs below this line

I hear ya... you can use aux, but would have to switch when ur phone started to ring or knew you were going to get your next vocal direction.

I use an external sirius receiver plugged into my radio via a jazzy aux-in board and a 3.5mm headphone jack wire. What I need is an auto sensing y board of some sort that will clip or cut line 1 when output is sensed in line 2. Gonna have a chat with one of my EE buddies and see what he thinks.

I just bought a Garmin 260 and it came with the suction cup mount that has a ball joint at the end of it that snaps into the clip that clips to the unit itself.

Honestly with all that attached I just stick it in the cubby in such a way that pure friction and wedging keep it in place just fine. It barely overhangs and I can see the temp/time just fine. I even did some quick accelerations (insert 2.5i joke here) and hard braking, as well as ridiculous cornering in a parking lot... and the thing didn't budge.

I might check out this cubby mount for the hell of it, but seriously, I haven't had any issues with just placing the thing in the cubby in a wedged kind of way

Anyone? I just want my GPS to interrupt whatever is already going through the speakers so when I get a blue tooth phone call or GPS directions they will be heard instead of my music or whatever.

Has anyone tried using the Garmin VIB-11 to integrate their Nav unit into the factory stereo?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=9653

Only other thing I could think of is buying a parrot blue tooth car kit and pairing the gps to it. Since many of them can stream music off your cell also im guessing it could be used for GPS directions.. and you get a much better hands free car kit with the parrot than with your gps.

I just dont know if it will interrupt music for gps directions like it will for an incoming call.

Only other thing I could think of is buying a parrot blue tooth car kit and pairing the gps to it. Since many of them can stream music off your cell also im guessing it could be used for GPS directions.. and you get a much better hands free car kit with the parrot than with your gps.

I just dont know if it will interrupt music for gps directions like it will for an incoming call.

Hmmmm... I have the Parrot CK 3000 in my car already I wonder if that might work?

Try it out and let us know. And yeah, they are close in price.. so its not as helpful money wise, but atleast you get a more capable bluetooth hands free kit for that money.

I would be tempted if a wire harness were available (like the one available for parrot systems). I am not really interested in trying to figure out the spaghetti behind my radio (I gave that up in college).

I read somewhere that Parrot was behind the Garmin bluetooth until the Garmin 7X5 series came out... I was kinda hoping the harness for the parrot system would work for the Garmin VIB -11 or someone had already done an install with the VIB-11. Can't find any info about an install anywhere.

I would be tempted if a wire harness were available (like the one available for parrot systems). I am not really interested in trying to figure out the spaghetti behind my radio (I gave that up in college).

I read somewhere that Parrot was behind the Garmin bluetooth until the Garmin 7X5 series came out... I was kinda hoping the harness for the parrot system would work for the Garmin VIB -11 or someone had already done an install with the VIB-11. Can't find any info about an install anywhere.

So you do or you dont have the ck3000 already installed? Or is it installed but have a standalone speaker? Either way it could be a good test to try and pair your GPS with your Parrot and see what happens.

Unless I totally misunderstood what you were saying. haha

I got the Arkon GPS mount which I thought would be better than wedging it in there...............and I was wrong. Im gonna send it back and use the one that came with Garmin. With it wedged in there it is more solid feeling and sits the proper distance out of the cubby.
^ n00bs below this line

So you do or you dont have the ck3000 already installed? Or is it installed but have a standalone speaker? Either way it could be a good test to try and pair your GPS with your Parrot and see what happens.

Unless I totally misunderstood what you were saying. haha

I have had the CK3000 installed for about a year or so....

It works fairly well. When I ordered the CK 3000 I also ordered a custom wiring harness that made the installation plug and play. When the phone rings it makes a tone over the car stereo speakers. You push a button and the radio/music is muted and the call is broadcast over the car speakers. When you hang up, the radio/music is once again broadcast.

I think the VIB-11 would do the same thing BUT it would also include the Garmin Navigation directions. The only problem would be dealing with the wiring diagrams.

I got the Arkon GPS mount which I thought would be better than wedging it in there...............and I was wrong. Im gonna send it back and use the one that came with Garmin. With it wedged in there it is more solid feeling and sits the proper distance out of the cubby.

:whore:;)

Has anyone tried using the Garmin VIB-11 to integrate their Nav unit into the factory stereo?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=9653

Garmin made a VIB-10 that doesn't have the FM traffic option and is about half the price($100) of the VIB-11(unfortunately both are hardwire only). Google for more info on price and availibility. Not sure if either unit works with my Nuvi 780 but I sure would love total integration music/GPS/phone muting capabilities. Right now I have GPS/mp3/phone muting controlled through my Nuvi 780 but not my CD or Sirius. I know, I know it's never enough. Always have to keep tweaking things:lol:.

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/VIB10VehicleIntegrationBox_InstallationGuide.pdf

The wiring diagram for the VIB-10/11 doesnt look difficult at all. But it doesnt seem to be a standalone unit. You cant just plug in your GPS via a the headphone jack.. looks like it needs a mount of some sort that has a harness that interfaces with this box.

So close!

Archived