LegacyGT.com

Datalog AP V2

UnXpectedError

ok so knock corr in the neg is not good. you should never(in a fair and just world) have knock corr----this means that the car is retarding timing due to knock--it is starving for fuel or air---creating a detonation or knock situation. might wanna look at different mapping to correct this.

This is the kind of stuff I'm afraid of with tweaked OTS maps. I'm assuming that a Cobb map may be safer than a tweaked (ie-PDX, Rallitek) map? Everyone says Cobb makes less power but is on the conservative side. Makes me leery of buying into Rallitek's deal right now.

Wow I've only seen -2 Knock correction at its highest. I'm running the COBB OTS map stg2 and it works pretty well.

What kind of fuel are you getting up in Alberta? Ive had great luck with using high quality 93 octane if available + Turbo 108 Octane boost 32 oz. per tank.

Bump ur octane up and your engine will be happier. I like turbo 108 octane boost because it's actually 108 Unleaded race fuel your adding to your tank. So in reality i run about 96-97 octane.

This is an OTS PDX map i've been running for months now. So how bad is this? Am i in Danger of doing real damage to the engine?

Can you log Knock Sum...this will show you exactly when you are knocking in the RPM range.

I would email PDX and have them tweak (fix) your map.

I just realized you were using the AP to log. Romraider logger has the ability to log knock events (knock sum).

Has anyone determined if you can log with RR and OP 2.0 a car that has been flashed with a cobb ap? I'm waiting to try it out on a buddies 04 sti with cobb stg 1.

Has anyone determined if you can log with RR and OP 2.0 a car that has been flashed with a cobb ap? I'm waiting to try it out on a buddies 04 sti with cobb stg 1.

What is OP 2.0?

Rehab is for quitters.

What about trying to reflash it and going to a different station for 93? Or was your tune built around 94? If it's a 93 octane tune, I'd try a reflash and a different station. Maybe you got a lousy batch or you last filled up right after they recieved a shipment and got the crud from the bottom of the tank mixed in with it.

I think you are just trying to run too much timing. I plugged in your load numbers into my spreadsheet to determine what timing I would run at your load levels. This is what I came up with. Keep in mind that the map I made is for a 2008 stage 1 using California 91 gas. However, the difference between 94 and 91 is not 5 degrees of extra timing.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r69/mickeyd2005/2008%20spec%20b/untitled-2.jpg

Interesting thx for that info. So i guess my map needs some major tweaking by PDX.

I can't do another 3rd gear pull because we just got 20cm of snow but I have been wot a few times and have not looged any knock correction usng the Cobb map while WOT.

However occasionally when i a am changing gears I get -1.4 Knock correction. Weird. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Edit: On another note, its -24 Deg C here now too, dunno what that affects.

Archived