LegacyGT.com

Now my legacy feels GRRrrrreat

Ok so ive owned a lot of cars... a few of my sports cars Ive had a 91 mr2 turbo that i built with 320rwhp.. Fun car... rare. A 04 BMW M3 SMG.... great car all around.. luxury and sport... well balanced just lacked torque though. Then the beast... 2006 Evo with 530whp... tuned great by sean ivey... Awsome car... scared everyone... smoked everything on the street.. amazing... BUT very loud, kinda childish looking..and not the most comfortable...

Now I bought a 05 legacy GT with a siezed motor.. swapped in a new motor with 28k on it... did a perrrin intake, iag uppipe, down pipe and an HKS exhaust (yes i know its pricey but sounds great)... ksport ciol overs and brand new stock tires...APV2 , Exedy clutch and flywheel, Now the car feels better all around and all the previous sporty cars ive owned other then the M3... id say its equal..High recomend these basic mods

JoeFromPA you dont need to pray for me. Maybe I should have said New "factory tires" I wasnt sure how to spell potenza so i figured new stock tires would cover it...

dudeondacouch that was a review,,, all those mods... together make the car feel good. Before hand the car was not fun to drive... it was just a normal car.

peterjmc.. Well value for my money.. I mean I want to go buy the GTR but considering there over priced and selling over sticker... the lose i will take when im done playing with it will be LARGE. For the money the LGT is a great all season car.. and i think it blends well on the road, not childish like the evo. And with the mods its fun to drive... has that nice boxer sound.

snow05gtRI.. No i havent got tuned just stage 2

lawl... IDK where the 9 came from.. typo i guess But i do have a 2007 ZX14 ninja :)

All those mods and you went back to the Re92's? DOH! I like em' but i wont be buying them, there are much better tires out there. You should definatly get that all tuned, it will feel even greater! You like to go fast, don't you? 400hp M3, 500hp Evo, 320hp Mr2, 300hp LGT, and a 200mph super sport touring bike.

soudns like you have had soem fun cars, as have I. What he meant by get tuned stage 2 is that your mods would make you car technically a stage 2 legacy if you have a tune. And a tune is what really gets you your hp increase alot more than you would feel just doin the mods and leaving the ECU stock.

Jack GT.. I agree but i bought the car with new tires, I didnt choose. There good enough not to waste. Oh and my M3 was stock, not the new 400 hp V8 the older 333hp 6. I love G's , I love exceleration...for the money my ZX14 is the best for that and it scares the sh$$t out of me from time to time.

05GT Guru... You think the AP stage 2 flash is bad? I agree a real dyno and street tune is always better then a set flash but the cobb was so easy and simple.

Woodstock... I dont think the intake is that loud but the intake wouldnt be my first mod. You get more out of DP, UP , CBE, or just an AP and a stage one flash.

is perrin intake loud? I have been looking on which intake I should put in for my first mod.

should I go CAI?

CAI is really something you need to figure out if you want. many people here i gonna say no you dont need one unless you're going to put a bigger turbo in the car. you won't get really any performance gain out of the car, but you'll get some aesthetic sounds like louder BOV whoosh and the suction sound from the CAI, and louder turbo spool sound. I have an AEM CAI and love it. an upgraded turbo is a possibility in my mind as well so it was a pre-investment...

torque7: if you're not getting dyno tuned any time soon, it would be good for you to get a Stage 2 e-tune from a vendor on the boards or some tuning place. They can email you a Stage 2 map to put onto your AP and then flash onto the car that is designed for your specific mods. it is not recommended that you run the Cobb OTS maps on an aftermarket intake, many people say that after market intakes make the car run lean because the scaling of the tables in the ECU are different for the stock than the intake you have. so not only will an e-tune make your car run better by tuning for the intake properly, you will probably make more power out of your mods.

TuningAlliance does e-tunes for $75 ...I think PDX does them for $150. you can search for reviews on either...I have an e-tune from TuningAlliance and I like it, and my car does too (no knock or anything). i sent some logs back to the tuner and they'll modify anything if they see something that needs it...

CAI is really something you need to figure out if you want. many people here i gonna say no you dont need one unless you're going to put a bigger turbo in the car. you won't get really any performance gain out of the car, but you'll get some aesthetic sounds like louder BOV whoosh and the suction sound from the CAI, and louder turbo spool sound. I have an AEM CAI and love it. an upgraded turbo is a possibility in my mind as well so it was a pre-investment...

I like the whoosh sound.:wub: however, I'm not to big of a modder. Probably an intake and a catback exhaust. After my warranty is over, i'm getting an AP. ;) I just like to keep it luxiourious, not to loud, not to flashy. I would love a deep sound exhaust though;)

I have been looking at perrin and cobb intake. still can't decide what to get. are they really loud?:confused:

I like the whoosh sound.:wub: however, I'm not to big of a modder. Probably an intake and a catback exhaust. After my warranty is over, i'm getting an AP. ;) I just like to keep it luxiourious, not to loud, not to flashy. I would love a deep sound exhaust though;)

I have been looking at perrin and cobb intake. still can't decide what to get. are they really loud?:confused:

not sure about the perrin or Cobb. is the perrin a short ram intake? I had the SPT Short Ram Intake and that was pretty darn loud. Loud enough that I couldn't hear my Borla CBE over the intake when I got on it. But I hear the SPT is one of the loudest intakes you can get. Search around there's probably some answers out there for you. I've heard an in-cabin video of the Cobb Intake (with the airbox) with the Cobb Turboback Exhaust (DP + Catback) and it didn't sound like a screamer like my SPT was. The video is in the Intake&Exhaust Forum and the poster is Soda Popinski. The video was made to hear the exhaust not the intake, but you can hear both. Other than that, there may be some videos on youtube. good luck.

oh, my AEM is MUCH quieter than the SPT but I believe it is because the filter area dips down into the wheel well instead of sitting up in the engine bay. so where the sound is coming from is in a different location.

I really hope your not talking about the new evo's. Those are some of the ugliest cars out right now in my opinion.

I thought that too, but they have many upgrades in all areas compared to the previous evos. My girlfriend had an evo and it was reliable for the 30kmiles we had it, but that was the first 30klol.

Is it too late for me to start looking for another life partner? My wife drives a Suzuki Forenza (Chevrolet lacetti)

I know when we met she had that and i had a highly modded supra and Trans Am and a beater. We had a pretty nice garage going, now i have the legacy and she is kinda out of a car right now since the Evo was totalled. She was gonna sell it anyway now that shes a mom. We car pool to work anyway since we work for the same company just in different offices about 5min apart. She is looking to get a 2000ish jetta and a 06 GTO, this will be the first time in my life a girlfriend of mine will have a faster car then me.

Archived