LegacyGT.com

Marcus Gronholm returns to the WRC! Possibly for the Subaru World Rally Team!

Alex--TheGreek

Lets hope that, with the new car and with a hopeful addition of Gronholm the Subaru World Rally Team will be able to be competitive and challenge for the world title.

I think that FHI/Subaru desperately needs the rally team to return to their previous glory! If they manage to become competitive again, i think that will be good for marketing, for the sales, and generaly for the future of Subaru!

And besides i am tired of the frenchies winning all the time!:spin::lol:

Even though rally driving is demanding, it's also important to realize that experience is more of the question in rally than in many other types of racing.

Like when Tommi Mäkinen got the question of which surface he liked best, tarmac or gravel. His answer was Snow (typical Finnish :) ).

453747.png

In some ways it's OK, since it will keep the costs down. But there are always ways to work around the issues/limitations to some extent - especially when it comes to max cost.

It's also more than the car involved when running a racing team, and if the primary teams aren't exposed good enough because some rednecks actually does better than them in a very similar car then the interest drops. There is a need for the bigger stars.

OK, we don't need the group B cars, but we want a class with some edge.

453747.png

I dont even want to think about the possibility of Subaru leaving the WRC!! :spin:

Subaru's modern sales boom is owed to the rally achievements of the 90's. The biggest promotion tool Subaru has(at least in Europe) is the WRC!

Everytime i see the blue monsters i get chills, and i am so proud of Subaru's motorsport history...

I just hope that its just stupid rumours... :mad:

^agreed. On the other hand, even without a factory-backed team, rally as a whole will still be dominated by Subarus. Look at Rally America - of the top 10 teams, there's ACP's Evo, Antoine L'Estage's Hyundai, the Pastrana/Block factory Subie team, and half a dozen privateers in WRXs...
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

^Thats great, but since i live in Europe the only exposure i have in Subaru competing in Motorsports is from the WRC...

And also consider this:

WRC TV highlights are shown in 186 different countries around the world on over 250 different TV channels and the total number of hours of coverage was 5,457(for the 2008 season). The cumulative worldwide TV audience for WRC programs was 816 million people in just one season!!

And to think that i was so anxious for March to come since the WRC returns to Cyprus after 2 years...

Archived