LegacyGT.com

5 weeks, 1 rockchip, full-height crack!

Guys... bad news... :(

The crack went all the way back, and then around from underneath the car...

The car broke in half and the whole left side fell off. :(

For some reason, the side with the spec.B badge is still standing up on 2 wheels.

The dealer and SOA said they can't weld the car back up under warranty and the best they can do for us is attach the rear-left wheel back on so we can use it as a trike.

Car will be on eBay next week.

:(

One thing I noticed about our Legacy, was that it is a rock magnet. For some reason, be it airflow or something over the car. Rocks get sucked right into the windshield, and this does not happen on our 08 WRX ever. I gave up on our windshield a long time ago, it looks horrible. Have not got cited or warned for it so I have not spent the $250-300 for a new one.

Take it easy baby, no need for this meanness. We should keep it peaceful, homeboy, Jesus!

mcrae.me/minecraft

facebook.com/mike.mcrae.me

twitter.com/mcraeme

Wish I could say that Subaru windshields cracking was rare, but mine cracked too and not even from being hit by a rock. Just cracked one day in the heat of a Missouri summer, unfuckingbelievable. Of course Subaru declined to fix it even though the techs admitted that they could find no evidence of any rock chips in the glass.

Same sort of thing happened to me in the first 1,000 miles of owning the car...

I was driving my Spec-B from California to Washington. When I was going through the Oregon mountains(there wasn't a car infront of me so I know it wasn't a rock) I was having huge elevation changes and I could watch the temp gauge bouncer 10 degrees depending on my elevation. Out of no where I heard this loud POP!. I was like what the hell was that, took me a little bit to notice. Then I saw a crack dead center of my windshield... I'm now at 4.5k miles and the Crack goes up about 8 inches then splits off to the right and left and makes a nice T across my windshield :lol:

It's def. a deffect, but not sure if you can get the dealer to fix it, and how you can prove it's a defect and not caused by a rock. The only thing is, is the crack starts from under the plastic

My windshield has been replaced once already. Full glass coverage, so it wasn't a big deal. There was a rock chip on the opposite side of the windshield, not sure how the crack started on the other side. Meh.

My windshield has been replaced once already. Full glass coverage, so it wasn't a big deal. There was a rock chip on the opposite side of the windshield, not sure how the crack started on the other side. Meh.

Yes! When I renewed my policy I was sure to put full glass on there this time around.

I haven't had any luck with windshields in any vehicle I've owned. It isn't just Legacy specific for me.

$hit happens. I didn't even make a payment on the car and got a small ding in the windshield...just filled it in no problem.

There is no reason to get all bent out of shape about this or upset. Its just a road hazard, and this is why you have insurance. Sure $200 sucks, but its just going to be the first of many expenditures for the cars (mods, maintenance, and the occasional broken part)

Archived