LegacyGT.com

Just to throw this out there...

liljay794

How do you think red LED's INSIDE the doorhandle would look? I know high end BMW's have that, and personally, I think it looks sick. So let's say, if I wanted to unlock my doors, and since my car is red, I would put some Red LEDs in the door handle, about one or two, and have them light up. Would it be hard? And one more thing, how do I take out the clear cover off on the side mirrors which has the turn signal underneath them?

It would have to be a very dull red led. Which are kinda hard to find since every led out there is UBER FaNTABULOUS BRIGHT. If you can modulate the voltage or find a nice soft red led than it might come out alright.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

you could just regulate the current to the LED in some way to reduce brightness...I would also sand the LED itself to diffuse the light more...

I would just open up the door and remove the handle assembly to drill the hole for the LED at a angle even to the handle so it doesn't shine out too much

Hmm, I took a trip down to radioshack and bought some LED's, they weren't the right ones, so I exchanged them. Now, I since it seems like a PITA, I said screw it. I don't feel like doing all of it. And I didn't want to leave them ON the whole time LOL. I only wanted to have them slowly brighten to a sensual red, and once I open the door or turn the car on, they would slowly turn off. TOOOOO MUCH OF A PITA. Screw it.

Archived