LegacyGT.com

Bent Something

kshymkiw

While I was out Saturday, I hit a patch of ice, and my right rear wheel hit a curb at ~20mph.

The alignment was off, so I went today to have it aligned, and they said something was bent.

My right rear Camber is 2.1, and the toe is -.48 specs are camber .75 and .25 toe. They told me they looked around and didn't see anything obvious that was bent. I have a feeling the rim itself is bent, but I am not sure. Would a bent rim cause 2.1 Camber? If not what else could cause the camber to go to 2.1?

the rim or one of the rear contorl arms is bent. start with the lower lateral link. you should be able to source a used one since peiple upgrade those by replacing them with rear adjustable camber arms.

I would almost put money on the rim, 20mph doesn't seem fast enough to bend a control arm. Does anyone happen to have any of the parts that would be involved with this? Like from a Helms manual.

nm I found this link: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32693

Would it be beneficial to replace all parts on that side? As well, since something is bent, would it be beneficial to just upgrade at this point? I have been looking at the Perrin Lower Lateral links, and have been thinking about buying them.

I hit a curb the same as u did, :rolleyes: bout a week ago, had my car completely sideways straight into the curb. my hub is shot, it hums real good at 35mph and is speed sensitive only. The alinment shop said the trailing arm is bent. cant tell by looking but could tell by feeling gaps compared to non damaged side. we'll see when my parts arrive and i compare side by side. they adjusted the (toe?) all the way out and wasnt enough. https://www.1stsubaruparts.com/partscat.html rear suspension, components, trailing arm. look at the illustration. nuts and bolts, u can do it yourself, need a torque wrench, pb blaster and (new axle nut recommended). my parts should arrive on the 16th. my car is loose/lofty too over road patches, rr tracks, man hole covers...

hmm.... 20mph? i was goin 5-10mph. snow covered gas station, had to make 90 degree left turn to exit, got it loose to point the car at the exit. i slid a good 20 feet sideways, it was like ice s l o w m o t i o n ...wouldnt a bent rim feel like the wheel was out of balance and shake or something?

It's not unusual to bend cast iron pieces like the trailing arm.

In case you need anything I have full set of rear suspension arms - trailing arm and lateral links. Will sell cheap.

Archived