LegacyGT.com

01 Legacy, Pops out of reverse at 3000 RPMs , and sunroof stuck open :O

I have a 2001 Subaru Legacy Gt and for some reason my reverse will not stay in, It drives to about 2500-3000 RPMs and then pops out. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else and what a common problem may be. Also this morning I hopped in my car too pull it out of my garage after it was warming up for a good 5-7 minutes i put it in reverse and the sunroof opened ALL THE WAY. When i tried to push the button to close it nothing happened, where i live we have about 3 ft of snow already and were in a winter storm watch as we speak. I managed to pull the light cover closed to keep the snow out of the inside thankfully but that is going to get damaged for sure :eek:. I'm headin to the subaru Dealer after a while to see if they've seen this problem and if there is something they can do. Thanks for anyone that has any advice or comments.

First question is: Is it MT or AT?

Probably just a linkage adjustment needed - unless you have something stuck in the linkage. (Dead rat? :p )

Just make sure that the engine supports are OK too, because if the engine/gearbox is out of place the linkage may also get it wrong etc...

453747.png

do you have a remote starter?

on manual cars they have to install it in a way it electronically verifies that the car is in neutral before it starts. If you were getting it done at a cheap place - they could of messed up your electronics. That again if you have a remote starter

Other than than i dont see any possible connection between a sunroof and the gearbox

Archived