LegacyGT.com

Car takes longer to turn over now that it's cold...

If it's the original battery it's probably time dor a new one...

Sounds like you work for a dealer.

Sorry Opie.

I would hope to get at least 5-6 years out of a battery. All my Honda's have gone at least that long. Most towards 7-8 years. I think my 86 Ford F150 goes 7-8 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I disagree.

I'm on my 2nd battery and my car is 3 years and 54k miles old.

the last one was starting to distort and warp. It was bleeding acid all over my terminals, it peeled the paint off my battery holder and nearly destroyed the positive terminal clamp.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Sounds like you work for a dealer.

Sorry Opie.

I would hope to get at least 5-6 years out of a battery. All my Honda's have gone at least that long. Most towards 7-8 years. I think my 86 Ford F150 goes 7-8 years.

This has been my experience. My last car was almost 9 years old on the original stock battery and started EVERY time within 2 cranks, regardless of temperature. ( 1998 grand prix w/ the 3800 II engine, running generic dino oil )

It probably has a little to do with the fact that htis is a turbo car, it may be turbo from factory but i know when it was below 30 degrees that my supra wouldnt even start, the supra did have an aftermarket setup but the legacy starts it just takes a while.

Archived