LegacyGT.com

Changed the oil first time

Overall pretty easy on this car. Nice that the oil filter is striaght up and down. The filter I got from the dealer had a different part number on it than the filter from the factory. The car had 1100 miles on it and boy was that oil dirty that came out. Whats with the yellow gunk sprayed all over the underside of the car? On a side note with the plastic sheild off I was able to get a visual on how everything is setup. I was not sure how the exhuast tied into the turbo charger. It makes sense to me now.

Guest *Jedimaster*

You don't need to remove the cover to change the oil.

<---loves having the Oyutback because no ramps are necessary for oil changes. :cool:

Just did my first oil change this weekend also. I didn't remove the entire skid plate tho. Just let the oil flow out through the hole in the plate. Removed the flap on the skid plate for the filter. Surprisingly enough, i was able to unscrew the filter with my hands, no tools used. Tightened with my hands as well since the manual had specifics on how much the filter should be tightened.

i just hit 1000 miles in mine -- i'll probably try and pick up a filter from the dealer this week and change the oil next weekend if the weather cooperates. I suppose after this i'll try and fall into a 3-4000 miles schedule depending on how i've been driving.

The dealer actually suggested 7,500 miles between each service but thats just too long in my book for dino oil. Especially with all the stop and go traffic around here.

Archived