LegacyGT.com

The "My Legacy is Falling Apart Thread"

SLegacy99

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooo, but the dealer did get the fin that I broke off my wiper 2 years ago, $15. No other dealer would get me one. Now I just have to find the screws. Looking forward to not having streaks across my field of vision.

No fair! Mine refuses to get me one. They told me they don't sell them anymore. Wiper blade pops up on the highway.

No fair! Mine refuses to get me one. They told me they don't sell them anymore. Wiper blade pops up on the highway.

This is the first one I found that would order me one. Stocker Subaru in State College, PA. Perhaps if you called and ordered one they would mail it to you. I must its really annoying not being able to get this part when its so easy to break off if you have an icy windshield.

Lol. Mine broke off when the wiper slammed back down on the windshield by accident when I was cleaning the blades. But as if fell, the blade flipped around and that deflector hit the windshield and literally sailed like 20 feet, lol. I'll give them a call one of these days.

I say go to you dealer and tell them that they are full of crap, because I got one.

Well, I just called your dealership and he was like "Awwww, well we just sold the last one yesterday." Lol.

But then he checked and said he could order one, so my dealership IS full of crap. I'm gonna go in and yell at them, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know how that works out.

I go in Tuesday to get new plugs. Hopefully that will be the last of the repairs for awhile. I've never kept a Subaru this long. I am expecting mine to live up to the hype I hear. However, age is also a factor, not just miles. Seals wear with time and cold weather. Nothing you can do about it.

Mid pipe on the exhaust. I cleared the code and inspected it :cool:. Now I'm on the road again. But for the near future, I bought a WRX exhaust thats going on the car in the spring along with some brembo slotted rotors and EBC red stuff pads. I figured the bad midpipe would give me an excuse to do some upgrades.

On another note, I'm slightly concerned about my head gaskets. I'm not sure if the PO replaced them. The coolant is perfect, and doesn't even look dirty. But after changing the oil today I noticed that it is leaking oil all over the place. I would guess that they would have been replaced during the timing belt 50k ago. But a tech who isn't familiar with these engines probably wouldn't even know to do so when the engine is out.

Mid pipe on the exhaust. I cleared the code and inspected it :cool:. Now I'm on the road again. But for the near future, I bought a WRX exhaust thats going on the car in the spring along with some brembo slotted rotors and EBC red stuff pads. I figured the bad midpipe would give me an excuse to do some upgrades.

On another note, I'm slightly concerned about my head gaskets. I'm not sure if the PO replaced them. The coolant is perfect, and doesn't even look dirty. But after changing the oil today I noticed that it is leaking oil all over the place. I would guess that they would have been replaced during the timing belt 50k ago. But a tech who isn't familiar with these engines probably wouldn't even know to do so when the engine is out.

If the coolant is still clean, it's prob an oil seal. might be as simple as a valve cover seal, mine were dry rotted. Where is the oil leaking from?

If the coolant is still clean, it's prob an oil seal. might be as simple as a valve cover seal, mine were dry rotted. Where is the oil leaking from?

It's hard to tell without lifting the car up but its definitely just behind the oil pan somewhere. How much is it to replace the valve cover seals? I think I might just watch it closely until spring. It's been too damn cold to do anything to the car.

Archived