LegacyGT.com

Help me pick my next new car...

Okay, in September I got the 2005 Legacy GT Limited

Last month I got a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (for work and room)

Now its about time for me to replace our 2002 Maxima.

I'm looking in the $30-35K range (could go less or more but this is the range I'd like to be in).

Don't want a truck or large SUV (don't need it...got the van now).

This will be my fiances car so no boy racers (SRT-4's or the like)

and a manual is out of the question.

She won't want a gutless car after having the 02 Maxima and the sweet 3.5 liter V6. But will want a car that gets acceptable gas mileage too.

So let's hear it, what would you suggest.

How about a Mini (S), S2000, or RX8 (or Miata). All are fun to drive, have some distinction, kinda chick cars (don't mean to offend any men who might own one), and get reasonably good gas mileage. Well, maybe not the RX8 in the gas department. Some talk about the Mini getting AWD next year.

Got to have some diversity in your car line-up. The TL and G35 (AS WELL AS THE MAZDA 6) are all good cars, but, too much like the LGT. One of my neighbors has 2 Honda Accords, same color even. Good dependable cars, but, Borrriiiing. Jim I hope your not reading this.

TL. I like the G35 but hate the fit/finish inside. Think the TL is nicer. And doesn't the new one come with AWD or is that just the RL?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Yes, the G35 is high up on the list, especially now with the slight redesign and

more power.

I REALLY like the TL too, haven't driven one yet. Hopefully since it has less

torque, it will have less torque steer than our 02 Max.

I'm seriously looking at the Chrysler 300C (yes, with the Hemi) too.

It's just that it's kinda BIG!!!

Anybody like the Cadillac CTS with the new 3.6 liter V6?

Haven't driven one, but they do look nice, but they've been out for a couple

years now and will probably be redesigned soon.

Am giving thought to the Accord Hybrid too. But again, a bit boring, but hey it has

even more juice than the standard V6 and gets great gas mileage. Just wish it stirred my soul a bit more in the looks department.

Any dark sheep contenders that I may be overlooking?

Thanks again

2005 Outback Sedan

2005 Toyota Avalon

2005 Acura TL

2005 Infiniti G35

2005 Ford Mustang GT (coupe of convertible)

2005 Chysler 300C

2005 Pontiac GTO (400 hp :D)

2005 Audi TT 3.2 (or a 1.8T auto) (Silver with blue leather would be my pick :D )

- Mike

is the GT or TT or GTO in fun in an auto? hell is any car fun in an auto?! :lol: i think he said it had to be an auto.

Kenda

Archived