LegacyGT.com

5eat slow shift (2006 LGT)

polvo

:lol: women and logic or just you and logic? no, you just have to appeal to what makes sense to them. it's like women who are into scrap booking (barf) or quilting or something. they spend HUNDREDS of dollars on this crap for why? oh to make pretty picture books. do you need to see one or two pictures with little decorations per page? no! Well, at least the VB will help prolong what's left of your wear and tear trans parts for $700. you're just spending it at one time versus over a few months. Same thing goes with shoes, purses, or other items.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

:lol: women and logic or just you and logic?

I can be logical, i bought your VB didnt i?!:lol:

But back on topic, yes the VB can help you out with your slow shifting problems. Yes its an expensive piece of equipment, but it'll save you money down the road.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Also fishbone the last statement on your post made me lol.

Bwahahaha, that totally came out wrong. I have many moments like that, one day while driving I merged onto a main road and I go "... God, I hate it when guys come up behind me and ride my ass like that". Complete silence in the car, no reply. So I glance over to my girlfriend of that time and I realize what I just said, we both bust out laughing. I was referring to the car behind me that was tailgating me.

this issue has nothing to do with the tranny. it's a DBW ISSUE. (talking about the revs hanging in sport#)[/quote

Mr. Pumpkin, you don't know what you are talking about.:rolleyes:

It is absolutely amazing that after more than four years some people still don't know how the 5EAT works.

I had the car at 3/4 throttle today (sport mode) and got it up to 5k RPMs (probably doing 75mph - not sure what gear) when I let off the gas and it didn't shift to a higher gear. It stayed at 5k and slowed to 4.5k RPMs before it finally up-shifted, which lasted for maybe 4 seconds.

This is exactly how the 5EAT works. As said, it holds gears much longer in Sport mode.... both accelerating AND decelerating. If instead of keeping your foot off the pedal you had given it enough gas to resume speed instead of keeping it in negative acceleration/deceleration, it would have shifted. Instead, it was keeping you in the 'right' gear for performance driving, i.e., Sport Mode.;)

Next time just give the stick a quick flick to the right and back. That'll cancel whatever is going on in Sport, returning it to Sport will start it 'learning' what to do all over again.

It is a 'smart' transmission, with G sensors and a TCU, and adjusts a number of performance characteristics appropriate for conditions. Learning how it works under all those conditions will increase your ability to use it to your advantage.

• 11 years later...