LegacyGT.com

You ever think "I should have gotten that car instead?"

I do it every once in a while. Last month it was an FX35/G35, today it is a TSX or TL. I just get in these moods where I think I should have gotten a different car, and it's annoying. But give me a few days and I forget about the others.

So my question is..what do you do when you think like this? I'd like to never start wanting something instead.

PS-I love my LGT (well today that is haha)

is that a good or bad thing? I liked the new mustang so I went and drove it, both the auto and stick GT, I really liked it and I'm not a mustang person.

O yeah a little advice to anyone with my problem, don't drive other cars you like, it just makes it worse.

Last night I came home and cleaned my wheels, I think having a clean car helps me with my decisions.

I do that also. Then I just floor my car & realize smiles like this do not come standard on most cars.

Haha that's what I do too, gotta love the sound and speed of the car.

Jesse get the TSX thoughts out of my head since you have both. :-)

Guest JessterCPA
Haha that's what I do too, gotta love the sound and speed of the car.

Jesse get the TSX thoughts out of my head since you have both. :-)

Thats an easy one. Step on the pedal.

This weekend, did a superbowl party about 1 hour away out Route 80 & 15. Drove the TSX. Had the baby in back, so I had to keep it real cautious. Anyway, not 10 mins would go by where I wouldnt be thinking "This car would be great with 50-60 more horsepower!". Well, it doesnt.

Monday morning commute in the LGT was a welcome item.

Did that do it?

Guest JessterCPA
I sometimes think I should've gotten the wagon over the sedan....:D

Thats my only real question also. Snowblower doesnt fit in the trunk too well.

Jesse

Thats an easy one. Step on the pedal.

This weekend, did a superbowl party about 1 hour away out Route 80 & 15. Drove the TSX. Had the baby in back, so I had to keep it real cautious. Anyway, not 10 mins would go by where I wouldnt be thinking "This car would be great with 50-60 more horsepower!". Well, it doesnt.

Monday morning commute in the LGT was a welcome item.

Did that do it?

Yeah, but thats pretty much the only reason why, I do love the TSX, just needs more power. I raced a TSX in my 04 accord LX 5speed 0-50, right next to him.

Part of the reason I bought my LGT was because I wanted a quicker car, I would have been disappointed with the acceleration.

Still, it is a very nice looking reliable car.

TL is too much $ too.

Not in this price range I don't, there is no other sports wagon that I would buy in this price range.

Song of Post- Bob Marley- Get up, Stand up

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

There are three. The G35 coupe still gets my heart thumping! If it was only all wheel drive. I could also go for the A4 Avant. I know, I know, everybody here hates Audi, but I love the looks of that car. The truck guy in me likes the new 4runner.

Everytime I see an EVO or a STI I feel like that guy in the Harley commercials that got a new dining room table rather than the Harley. :(

I still think the LGT is the best car I could have bought for under $25,000.

After my warranty is up I will make my car what I want it to be, or trade it in on a Legacy STI if they come to the states.

Guest JessterCPA
Yeah, but thats pretty much the only reason why, I do love the TSX, just needs more power. I raced a TSX in my 04 accord LX 5speed 0-50, right next to him.

Part of the reason I bought my LGT was because I wanted a quicker car, I would have been disappointed with the acceleration.

Still, it is a very nice looking reliable car.

TL is too much $ too.

Dont get me wrong, I love the TSX, but sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten an Accord V6 instead of that. Then I would have some horsepower. But hey, its not my daily driver. Wife loves it. And its going to last a long time. Definately going to get my money's worth out of that car. Comfortable, quiet, looks good.

I think the TL is too expensive also. You get a LOT of car, but it lost the value it had during the previous generation. That precious few thousand dollars makes a difference in this segment. Id rather get a G35.

I do it every now and then, when the new 'stang came out I felt that way. Also, I get that way every time I see the Audi TT.

I planned on getting an Audi TT 3.2 Silver/Blue coupe, and even test drove one and fell in love with it even more. I was ready to pull the trigger and realized it wasn't financially feasible. So I went out and tested the Legacy GT, which had the same power and was also AWD.

rant: ON

The rest is history, but I still wish it would've been possible and I get bitter at times with what I do because the pay is an embarrassment - especially for what I do. I had gone on an interview before this job I am currently at, and the start salary would've been well over twice what I make here... it looked good and they narrowed it down and in the end they picked someone else. I guess that's life.

rant: OFF

...ok I'm done ranting. :D I feel better now :lol:

- Mike

Guest *Jedimaster*
Nope. My car is perfect for a daily driver with some extra balls. I lust after a WS6 or a Firehawk, but thewy're not practical anbd I don't have the $ for one right now.

I had a couple minutes awhile ago when I saw the new IS300 with Sports package. It's a nice looking car (in black). But then when I drove my Uncle's new IS, it didn't do anything for me. In my uneducated opinion the handling was similar, power was way way way less, size was same. The IS300 has a nicer interior and options, but driving-wise no comparison.

The car is still fairly new to me, but I still get that feeling. But luckily enough of my friends drive the cars I want (Evo, STi, G35, etc) that I don't really feel like I missed out. Sometimes I wonder if I should have looked around more, but then I realize that I am about 99% sure I was going to settle on a Subaru anyways.

Could have bought a 04 G35 premium pack. for about the same as I paid for the 05 LGTL Sedan 5EAT. After driving both, the G35 felt like a marshmellow. I wanted a car that was unique, especially in S. Cal. I didn't want to go to valet and say" the silver G35" and they "sir, we need your plate number because there are 27 in the lot". No buyers remorse here, at least until the 06's come out with some new goodies. Yeah right, wishful thinking!:)

Archived