LegacyGT.com

LGT '05 vs. Early 90's 4Runner

Yes, I'm actually listing this. Talk about a slaughter.

Anyway, I was on my way home last night and approaching a stoplight that had an early 90's 4Runner and some chevy next to it. Before I got to the light it turned green and I could see the 4Runner "punching" it. The I saw him up ahead weaving through traffic and about a mile or so down the road I caught up to him due to traffic with no intention of racing. When I pulled next to him he "punched" it then fell back and then "punched" it again. I was thinking to myself...is he serious? :lol: Next thing i know we pull up to a stop light. I figured it was on and he needed to be brought down a few pegs since he clearly was not driving a performance vehicle. I'm anxiously awaiting my chance to pounce.....the guy was so eager to get a jump that he started before the green light...he was watching the left turn arrow to turn red then punched it. Ok, so the light turns green as he is about 3/4 car lengths ahead. I rev to about 3000 hit it, chirp a little, and I was off. Holy Crap! What a complete annihilation! (as I expected) By fourth gear I was a good 15 or more car lengths ahead. And I know at the start he was flooring it cause I could hear it. What was he thinking? :lol: I later made a left and the guy comes wizzing by doing at least 75mph or a 45mph road..what tought guy.

Guest JessterCPA
My buddy's father has a 4runner with the 3.4 V6 with a TRD supercharger. He has the same setup on his Tacoma also. We took it down to Englishtown, and he ran a 15.5 with it. Not great, but not shabbly for a 4runner. I ran him out of the toll booths on the way home (I had my Jetta 1.8t at the time) and I could not beat him.

:lol::lol::lol:

The newer 4Runner/Tacoma with the TRD s/c sounds pretty hot. On the flipside, a few days ago I nearly got run over (yeah, yeah complete exaggeration) by late 80's 4Runner that was jacked up. Probably had 30" wheels on it. I got out of the left lane because I heard it whooshing behind me. :D

The pre-96 4Runner's v6 was only like 150hp.

My brother had a TRD supercharged 96 4wd and recently sold it for a new 05 V8 Sport 4WD. Unfortunately the TRD blower for the new v8's is on indefinite hold or it'd be on there already.

Archived