LegacyGT.com

wrx seat swap in 99 legacy L

vanman281

I had them in my 93 and now they're in my 98. They look nice and have good bolstering but they sit higher than I'd like. If you're short it doesn't matter. I can fit in the car with a helmet and I'm 6'1 but I would really prefer if they were a lot lower.

There's a power socket and secondary lighter socket (so you can run your laptop, and have a smoke at the same time? don't ask me :p), and the button to melt ice under the windscreen wipers. Not that i ever need it, coldest it get's here is about +10ºc

And yeah, not a fan of the pattern either. I want to get them re-trimmed with flat black, along with the door cards, to compliment the paint :D

The GTB got a bunch of thing. There's a 3rd lighter socket in the boot, there's a middle arm rest and cupholder in the back seats, there's a factory amp under the passenger seat, there's footwell lights in the front, that power connect and wiper heater thing. There's also the electric controlled, and folding wing mirrors, which also have heaters to stop them fogging up. There's the AC computer thing too, and the LTD has those extra fog lights. "Hardware" wise, they got the stronger gear box's and TT STi engines, with limited slip rear and centre diff's. The exterior stuff you know about :p

• 1 month later...
I'll vouch for it working. I put 2002 WRX seats in my 96. Should be easy to find them cheap @ an auto recycler.

Most excellent! Thanks so much for the pic and the info. :wub:

Blue-eyed I bought a super cheap, super nice 2002 model-year WRX interior for cheap. (as a 200k miles present for my 95 Legacy L wagon)

Just finished cleaning the front seats.

Looking for compatibility issues I stumbled over this thread (via Google).

If anyone is interested in another front seat picture, let me know.

I should find some time this weekend to swap them.

Too bad the super nice door panels will not fit, hehe.

PS: I am also complaining about the low seating with the original seats.

But since the prev. owner was like 300pounds and drove it for forever, my bottom foam is so shot, I am probably another 2-3inches lower then normal.

• 5 years later...

Archived