LegacyGT.com

Perrin TMIC Install walkthrough with pics

^ then why bother? If you have no other mods the stock IC is fine.

Agreed, even with AP Stage 1, you're not going to see that much boost on the stock IC.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice walkthrough westy. :) Here's mine:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/bpotts1/2878028346_0343ef3208_b.jpg

See you're running an STB. What version/type? Anyone running the Perrin with the STI STB? Any fitment issues?

SBT, that is a Cusco STB that i've painted. There are some rubbing issues on the top right corner that I was able to combat by shoving a rubber gasket inbetween them.

SBT, that is a Cusco STB that i've painted. There are some rubbing issues on the top right corner that I was able to combat by shoving a rubber gasket inbetween them.

Thanks B! Thought it looked like a Cusco one, but the paint color thru me off. I'm looking at an STI one right now, but if it doesn't fit, I can still pick it up and install it when the FMIC is finally fitted up.

do you need supporting mods or a tune for a top mount. i have a chance to pick one up (perrin) for 350 or so. but i dont have a tune or a downpipe or anything like that.

no, you just wont get the most out of it imo.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Has anyone had to rotate their turbo to allow it to mate up tho the TMIC properly? I have had mine on for a while but I recently blew the O-ring. I am guessing it's because it doesn't sit perfectly level. I have thought about putting in a very large oring and just torking it down so it smashes down and has a thicker seal. Anyone else deal with this issue?

lots of rattles I have had to attend to (clutch res. cover and vibrating against the intake manifold). Some different dimensions I guess for the OXT. Could not use the OEM mounting point for the TMIC on the drivers side.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/tazswing/oxt002.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/tazswing/oxt003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
What kind of gains are present after installing a big TMIC at Stage 2? Can you squeeze a little more boost out of the VF40? WIll it hold boost longer? Is there really no point in getting an aftermarket IC with stock turbo?

• 5 weeks later...
Anybody experience any issues after installing the TMIC in regards to running lean. I logged after the install and my AFRs prior to the install were all 11.15 through the entire boost range. Now I'm getting a CEL 244 (wastegate issue - which I cleared with my AP) but the AFRs went to the 14's. Any idea where the leak could be. The turbo outlet to the TMIC is fine so it has to be on the vacuum side. Just curious if anybody had the same. We had to clock the turbo slightly to get the TMIC to line up.