LegacyGT.com

Using The Ebay/VAG-COM Cable To Datalog

qikslvr

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered my Autonostics cable on 11-16-08. Never received it. They didn't answer 3 emails, and their phone number doesn't work. I had to open a claim with PayPal (got my refund, w00t!).

It doesn't look like there are any for sale on Ebay, either. Anyone know another source for the Autonostics cable?

SpecB, hopefully you have better luck than I did, but I couldn't get them to respond to me in any way (email, online contact form, phone - they didn't even respond to the PayPal claim to defend themselves).

Lepich, thanks for posting that...probably wouldn't have found that one myself.

last week was new year week, so it may be a delay. For example:

I have ordered HID set from DDMTuning on 15th of december.. After waiting 2 weeks, tried to contact them any possible way, no luck.. Was ready to cancel my CC transaction, but 3 days ago received tracking number, should have the kit in 2 days. It was really cheap offer, DDM kit for a $60 shipped, or so.

But, not responding to a PP claim looks really strange.. May be they are russians? Still might be drunk form a new year party, wich last not less then 1 week :-)

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Somewhat off topic, but it was threads like this that convinced me to upgrade my Tactrix 1.3 to the new Tactrix Openport 2.0. I'd searched for the VagCom cable and wasn't comfortable with what I found. Same when I looked for people's comments about it. When it comes to the car's ECU I do not take chances just for a few bucks.

I ordered the Tactrix from TunerTools.com, like MickeyD suggested, on Friday 9 January and received it on Monday the 12th. It looks great, and worked flawlessly immediately.

I thought you sold your car Jeff. Are you modding the H6

No, not modding, not yet nor any forseen future...... however :). I believe in knowing what is going on. I keep my eye on tire pressures (though this new tire pressure monitoring system is interesting), oil levels, and check the various other fluids. After being intimate with an ECU for years I have come to believe NOT logging one's vehicle is like not doing that other stuff. If, during the coming logging and exploration of the 3.0R ECU, an obvious benefit could be had by changing something I would consider modifying it.

I will mention something I found in Learning View, the 3.0R does have twin AFR systems as MickeyD thought. See, already interesting.

:)

Has anybody had any luck contacting someone from Autonostics? I ordered my data logging cable 2 months ago and still havnt recieved it. I was just past 45 days when i tried to dispute it on paypal. Out of the 100 times ive called them the past month not once have i reached anyone. Same with the emails. Thats what i get for going cheap...

Has anybody had any luck contacting someone from Autonostics? I ordered my data logging cable 2 months ago and still havnt recieved it. I was just past 45 days when i tried to dispute it on paypal. Out of the 100 times ive called them the past month not once have i reached anyone. Same with the emails. Thats what i get for going cheap...

That's my story...I order it exactly 2 months ago to today's date. I was NEVER able to get a hold of anyone, or get a response from emails. The only upside to Autonostic's silence is that PayPal pretty quickly sides with you.

I just ordered one of the Ebay cables for a couple bucks cheaper than the Autonostics one...hopefully that one actually shows up so I can start logging soon.