Log:

Engine Speed

Engine Load

Manifold Relitive Pressure (corrected)

Total Timing

Knock sum

Maf (g/sec)

Throttle opening

Do a WOT run in 3rd gear from 2000-redline on a flat road.

Nit pick:

If you log Load, RPM, and MAF, use the "calculated" load parameter. That way you're really only logging RPM and MAF, and the logger is calculating load from them. It's one less parameter going over the wire, which means slightly faster logging.

Do CAN cars log rapidly enough that this is a non-issue?

Edited by NSFW
typos

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're logging total timing and knock sum, and taking LV snapshots, why bother adding IAM and the knock corrections?

I was refering to running the posted parameters and a LV snapshot or the adding knock corrections to the mix without the LV snapshot.

So where's the best place to buy the cable?

Here? http://www.autonostics.com/product.php?productid=2&cat=2&page=1 $15 but shipping makes it $20.

I found some on ebay...some have a silver USB cable, some have the blue...no mention of brands though. Can someone who bought it off of ebay point me to one they have working? Seems to be cheaper @ teh fleabay.

Edited by DrGrip

So where's the best place to buy the cable?

Here? http://www.autonostics.com/product.php?productid=2&cat=2&page=1 $15 but shipping makes it $20.

I found some on ebay...some have a silver USB cable, some have the blue...no mention of brands though. Can someone who bought it off of ebay point me to one they have working? Seems to be cheaper @ teh fleabay.

That's the one, the blue one. Make sure you download the driver for it too.

I just got cheapest one from Hong Kong for $12 (silver one) and it works fine. I tried to use drivers from the link on this thread but had no luck. I just used drivers that came with the cable and it works fine. I used that cable with Learning View, RomRaider and EcuFlash. I think that all will work as losng as they are the same type: VAG COM 409.1 FTDI Chipset based design. Here is my thread from tuning:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102266

Does it work with the downloadable drivers or did you use the included CD? It's sort of a necessity to me for it to work with downloadable drivers since my netbook has no optical drive. I guess the silver one is a no go now...

As i remember (short memory, you know..) i've used downloadable driver, but manually selected which *inf file to use, pointing in "update driver" page.. Without this, it used wrond driver, does not work.
There are no bad people, just differeent.

As i remember (short memory, you know..) i've used downloadable driver, but manually selected which *inf file to use, pointing in "update driver" page.. Without this, it used wrond driver, does not work.

Awesome, thanks...how long did it take to get to you from HK? I'm thinking of paying a bit more and getting it from the autonostics website, as they'd ship from FL.

Edited by DrGrip

Because I purchased it from the autonostic website

see post 12

Also post 106

I just think it is funny that people on ebay run the cost of stuff up and then say FREE SHIPPING. When in fact the shipping is already added into the price.

Different merchants has a diff pricing, this is what i meant.

I've got this cable for a $8 + shipping, does this mean autonostic has wrong cost? Nope. same for a guys with free shipping, as it is really free:-) Price is different.

I just got my Ebay cable to work, i got it to work on both xp and vista, in xp use the drivers that are on the first page and make sure you update the java, even if you have the latest version just reinstall, mine was doing "please connect the cable", and "connecting to ECU" on the right top corner, in vista also had to update java, and install as admin, no drivers needed, windows update installed the drivers. tried version 0.5.0 and worked great, tried new 0.5.1 and i had to install ECU defs and Logger file from the romraider web site. IT WORKS So far best $20 spend. Thank you

I just ordered this cable (I had been using my friends Tactrix 1.3). Is there any advantage to the Tactrix or are they essentially the same thing?

supposedly more difficult to flash with the autonostics cable than the tactrix. i havent tried either, but the autonostics works great for logging...

Cable is just a cable. No difference after you setup a driver.

Driver may be more difficult, but not a cable. Does not matter what cable you are using after connection was established.

Have a great NEW YEAR, my friends!

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few weeks and haven't been in to check my threads. Looks like the community is getting the hang of this and that's great to see. As stated earlier; you should be able to use any application with this cable once the drivers are properly installed and the communications settings are configured in the apps.

The biggest issue with reading/flashing ROM images seems to be related to version of ECUFlash you are using. I use version 1.34 and have had no issues(send me your e-mail and I can send it to you as a .zip). Again, It's just a matter of getting the communications settings dialed in and everything else should follow.

Let's kick this pig!