LegacyGT.com

ATL LGTs

Jerboa113

I had enough when my advisor told me that her classes were more important than my job. I withdrew the next day.

I was there for 6 years working part time and paying my own way. Although my core classes in college helped me become a more intelligent person, they have not helped me in my career. I was not planning to major in my field of expertise anyway because their program was so poorly designed..

I feel being tested on useless knowledge within itself is useless. If I am going to pay someone for a service I expect a service, not to be penalized for my imperfections and lack of dedication to their meaningless "required" subjects.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a cool place.. they have an arcade of broken games, a large indoor race track pool tables and a bar.

I dont particularly care for gokarts tho.. and I have plans saturday.. replacing my bald "1 second from a bad accident" tires.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I was born and raised in a small town (well.. small parts of a medium sized down.) I spent a lot of time out in the country and at the lake growing up.. so I'm just not comfortable around skyscrapers.. Thats one thing I like about douglasville.. very rural, lots of farms and trees.. traffic is BETTER but its still stressful to me.

Hahaha you guys have never lived downtown or even in midtown. The horror storys just arent true. Ive lived in mid and downtown for 6 years with never a problem. Hell im more worried in cobb county with the overzealous corrupt cops than I am of the crap down here.

I'm not worried about the crime so much as its the weirdness of a city.. traffic is always a bitch, the streets are small and confusing.. and worst ofall theres NOTHING GREEN! it weirds me out that there can be a building.. a sidewall.. street..sidewalk.. building.. and not 1 living thing be between them. I like dirt.. I like grass and trees.. and it makes me uncomfortable to not be around them.

(no, I'm not a hippy..not by a LONG shot.. I just dont like urban settings.)

Well I grew up in the burbs of kansas city. Compared to there, even downtown is FULL of green and growing life. I live by grant park and the number of trees on my property literally outshines that in the entire neighborhood where I grew up :).

The flooding has gone down some in Gwinnett now. I don't think I could have gone anywhere yesterday if I had tried...the news reports listed pretty much every major road as closed within a few miles of my house.

I understand things are still pretty bad on your side of town, DF.

dunno.. 92 was open, 278.. only ran into a rather large puddle on powder springs road.

I heard the bridge outside my subdivision has collapsed.. but I dont go that way so I cant say.

I heard morningside is still flooded as well as bennett road too.. but I dont normally go that way.. I tried to.. but I was blocked. nebo/dallas nebo are supposedly flooded.. dont normally go that way..

basically anywhere a creek exists.. expect the road to be impassible.

is this over? or are we gonna get more rain?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated
Long time without any posts. Anyone here know of someone looking for a LGT? I am looking to sell my 2005 manual.

the black one on wrxatlanta w/ hail damage?

so how bout that rain eh? I missed work yesterday cos of this:

http://www.paulding.com/pix/grandsflooded.jpg

(no I dont work there.. its on my route.)

Garands at Hiram Sudie & 92. It was flooded the night of the heavy raid. I saw it shortly after it flooded before the police ever showed up to contain the "hazard". I lived right down the street from there.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived