LegacyGT.com

ATL LGTs

Jerboa113

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah and ATL meet would definately be fun. onthewagon, yeah whats you degree in? Im STILL stuck at tech finishing my PhD in Mechanical Engineering.... ive been stuck in college for a total of 7 years (2 undergrad at tech, then boston for a year for 2 masters, now at tech for PhD)...

Nitro, Id love to hear that sound!

Ive been back on the mod train lately, I demodded my engine last year when cash got tight.... Now I just bought an AP v1, a Perrin Catless downpipe, Spec B Suspension, etc. The car is going together well, I installed the spec b suspension with Rallitek springs yesterday and am going to tackle the downpipe and AP next weekend when Cobb sends the AP back to me (it needed to be reflashed).

Anyone know someone local looking for cobb sways? Now that I have the much better dampers and springs, I think they are too much and im going back to stock sways, would love to not have to pay to ship them.

677205530_CIMG0003(4).thumb.jpg.a557f814bc176ba311857c541b4305fc.jpg

CIMG0016.thumb.jpg.b376418f05cf753b4c50bdb8aada9a39.jpg

Forgot to add note, anyone interested in Bilsteins needs to think long and hard about springs, the stock spec b suspension gave the car a REALLY noticable rake to the REAR (see 2nd pic in post 105), I ended up putting rallitek springs on the front only to get the nose to drop down (see 1st pic). If I can get ahold of a good set of swift springs at a decent price, then ill install those (designed for the bilstein's different mounting) and sell off the ralliteks.

yea thats a pretty serious squat there.. I was thinking of biting the bullet and getting coilovers when my stock struts start to go out.. the car has 70k miles on it now so I dont know when that will be.

I slid through the intersection of barret pkwy and dallas hwy yesterday to make the turn light.. tires are my first order of business. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

<sigh> no.. and with my new neighbor its gotten worse.

they have a dedicated offroad rig which they use in their back yard and about 8 cars including it. Their grass is 4' tall (ever wonder why its called TALL fescue?) and most of the vehicles are parked on it.

the jerk that lived 2 houses over moved out for a while.. he moved to a place in hiram that had about a dozen cars, a semi, and a few boats in the yard with tinfoil over the windows (its on a main road).. but hes out now and has been doing burnouts explicitly in front of my house the last 2 days. The good thing is he got his mullet mobile painted.. so at least he looks good doing it.

the good thing is my house looks great.. and is only another 10-15k$ away from being market ready.

the bad thing is.. I need new tires.. and I'm stuck on stupid looking at new rims. I guess if i'm feeling like spending $750 I should do so on sway bars instead of rims..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I dont think I'm going to do cobbs.. too much breaking with those.

I'm not doing anything right now except what I have to. if I can continue on my diet I can increase my cars performance with weight reduction lol. you dont happen to have any exercise equipment you're selling do you?

Sadly no, I wish I could help. My workout hours are spent in a gym. So i dont really have anything laying around. Ill keep my eye out for you. My gym goes through equipment alot (stupid gays :) ) and thus they have a lot of things go in and out, ill see what they do with it when they revamp.

I might be better off with some kind of "home gym" type thing.. I'm rather limited on space right now until I can have a yard sale. I REALLY need one but I'm not doing it by myself. sitting a bunch of crap out with a box full of money is just ASKING to be robbed.

onthewagon, yeah whats you degree in? Im STILL stuck at tech finishing my PhD in Mechanical Engineering.... ive been stuck in college for a total of 7 years (2 undergrad at tech, then boston for a year for 2 masters, now at tech for PhD)...

BS in MGT, with a certificate in finance. Are you going into academics, or will the PhD open up new professional opportunities?

Mindspin, ever thought of going back to school? The ME department at tech is still sort of open, if you have a good background and know your stuff, i could maybe put in a recommendation for you.

I did for a bit. But, to be perfectly honest, I was a very average student while at VT. I dont feel like I would qualify, or do well, in an ME Grad program. :redface:

meh, I hated school.

you know southern poly has some online degree programs IIRC. I've been meaning to get around to looknig into considering taking a look at the idea of maybe enrolling in some of them.

but I hate schools.. I hope to never set foot in one again.. so its not very high on my list.

Given the fact that I really had to try during my undergrad, I had no desire to be in school a minute more when I did graduate. I think, if I do go back, it will be for something more business/money related. Maybe an MBA? I just dont know if I could go through the stress of another ME program.

Archived