LegacyGT.com

ATL LGTs

Jerboa113

oh my god.. I need to move.. I just got the worst damn neighbors since 2 houses over.. I have to get out of this shitpile!

anyone interested in a 3/2 in Douglasville? it'll be fairly cheap.... you can rent it out to some other shitpiles..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've driven our LGT on 89 in colorado (yeah, good luck finding 91 there unless you're in denver and get lucky) and done fine b/c of the altitude, and done the same where we couldn't find 91 or higher... just baby it and suck it up on the worse gas mileage and it's fine. In fact, the LGT responds better to lower octane gas than my GTI does... that thing got shit gas mileage when I had to put a few gallons of 89 in it just to get us the rest of the way to a real city in nebraska. Stupid podunk towns.

Ironically, we've had better luck finding premium than anything else around here. We live in smyrna-vinings and I work in Marietta, and my husband works downtown, and we've had pretty good luck finding gas. But we've cut out all extra driving until this crap blows over... i had no idea atlantans got so retarded about gas during hurricanes.

The newest firmware for the Accessport (go to the cobb forums), lets you manually lower the spark advance relative to any map. This is done to allow for a crap tank of gas.... So it could help if you have to go lower octane.

just saying what up! i know I'm a bit late as I just saw this thread....Gwinnett County over here.. Looks like the gas is easing up..I found 93 at chevron off cheshire bridge and linbergh (midtown-ish area).. Again, just wanted to say hello to ATL FOLKS!!!

oh and here is a pic of my LGT

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/FkUiHdCncr/07LGT/DSC00334.jpg

like the rims. What type are they?

starla I'm surprised we haven't seen each other then.. unless you live closer to downtown Smyrna. I work in "Smyrna" near 285 and that big smoketack.. power plant I guess?

You must make CRAZY money to live out here..

I am driving a craptastic economy car right now that runs 87 and gets about 26mpg so its been helping. I gotta turn it in monday tho.

I have been passing QTs on powder springs and E/W that have all grades tho.. so hopefully when I get back to my LGT I will be able to get some for it and trhis mess will be over.. I've seen a lot more stations with gas recently and the lines are shorter if theres al ine at all.

Its about time..

oh... no my neighbors aren't smoking pot.. I live in paulding county.. where the men are rednecks.. the women are men.. and the children are assholes..

paulding county gives the south a bad name.

The neighbor has no respect for property lines. They have lived there 2 days and they already have a derelict vehicle sitting in their grass.. after they spun tires with the pos in MY grass trying to get it out of their drievway where it died. They have an F-150 with a utility bed.. an old ass F-150 and it has straight pipes.. they come home about 11pm with it and he has to make a 3000000000000 point turn for god knows why to position it somehow and hes really bad at it.. its also a manual so he reves it up and then lets the clutch out to move 2 inches takes 4k rpm it sounds like.. hes already backed ionto the hosue and damaged the siding.. Their dog barks non-stop and they have what looks to be about 8 children under the age of 14.. all of which have no reservations about ridnig their bikes down my hill into my driveway and yelling and screaming..... oh yea.. and they live in a 3/2 with that many kids..

subhuman garbage..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I've got a lot of repairs to do before this house can be put up for sale.. its going to be a year+ of these people..

I should have never bought this damn house..

so baru you got the cobb suspension package? I'd like to see your car.. I thought about getting that but I didnt know how it would handle and people keep saying it will make the rearend swing out.. so I just dunno..

ultralegera? how is that different from a superlegera? The superlegera is like $900+ each.

BTW, here is the link for octane booster tests:

http://volvospeed.com/Reviews/octane_boosters.html

Some of them can raise 4-6 points of octane number, which is not bad.

I am going to order several bottles of Lucas booster, just to have them in a trunk.

"To date Lucas octane booster is the only booster tested that had significant results with only one bottle in the tank. One bottle is enough to make 10 gallons of 96.6 octane out of 93. "

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Funny, you're like my inverse twin. You're a graphite gray LGT with black ultraleggeras, I have a black LGT with graphite ultraleggeras. Also with the Cobb susp and stage 2 setup.

Too bad I'm all the way up in St. Louis.

haha..thats awesome..any new pics??? what numbers are you putting down w/ stage2 setup?

I've got a lot of repairs to do before this house can be put up for sale.. its going to be a year+ of these people..

I should have never bought this damn house..

so baru you got the cobb suspension package? I'd like to see your car.. I thought about getting that but I didnt know how it would handle and people keep saying it will make the rearend swing out.. so I just dunno..

ultralegera? how is that different from a superlegera? The superlegera is like $900+ each.

Correct, i do have the COBB Stage 2 suspension package...I like it because it doesnt ride too low...don't have to come to 0mph before pulling in places because im afraid of bottoming out etc

The rear does feel a bit heavy at times...but I do not do many mtn runs or anything that would cause the rear end to come out..try not to atleast =)... here are the diff between the oz's

super..

http://www.err0neous.org/mbz/oz_superleggera_1000.jpg

ultra

http://www.joe-r.net/p/2008/gmkv/oz_ultraleggera.jpg

Nice car Baru, yay for someone nearer to me (freedom parkway and 85/75).

Another note, without the springs here, but the cobb sways seemed to lessen the desire of mine to swing out the tail, im debating about going to a 25 mm perrin rear bar to bring it back some. I miss that :(

Nice car Baru, yay for someone nearer to me (freedom parkway and 85/75).

Another note, without the springs here, but the cobb sways seemed to lessen the desire of mine to swing out the tail, im debating about going to a 25 mm perrin rear bar to bring it back some. I miss that :(

Thanks for the compliments...

this is true about the sways..they help a ton..i think its just that our cars aren't the lightest to begin with...It handles well..especially for the price...because it jumps up there quick once you start looking at coilovers etc..

On another note..you do any local meets or anything?

I'm a big fan of wrxatlanta.com..ever heard of them? I know darkfox is not please with them right now as there has been some kinda conflict with the registration process..anywho..they have a lot of local things on there..mainly WRX's obviously but there are a few of us =)

I have a friend, russell goldstein, that is a member ( i have a username but i have yet to go out and do something with the members). My PhD qualifying exams (kind of like an exit exam) begin next wednesday, so i have been scrambling studying for them... oh to be Dr. Ogden from georgia tech... so close.

theres a few curveys around here.. but I like to go to gatlinburg.. and when I do I want my curvey handling to IMPROVE... I do NOT want my rear swinging out on sharp curves.. maybe it would be a good idea to do the front sway and not the rear?

so the ultra is more divided into 3 split spokes.. I prefer stuff like the tarmac 3 or the stock style. I really like the 07 spec B rims or the new STI gunmetal looking rims.. they are teh sex.. but they probably dont fit.

stock is fine for me anyway.. they're not badlooking,not high maintanence like polished aluminum or chrome, and they look good rotating.

I've been in a kia specrta all week and man that thing is EMBARASSING.. and its REALLY slow too.. but it gets me to work and back and does a good job of it so.. I'm happy with that.. now the gas shortage is getting better and my father has helped by bringing some premium to me.. so my car has a full tank waiting for me for next week.. after that week hopefully things will be back to normal.

I need to be able to put my foot into it after all this kia.. poking around town crap.

if you ever get behind someone in a kia spectra and you think they're going slow on purpose.. dont get mad.. feel sorry for them.. thats reallyall it has! especially if their a/c is on!

btw.. its like day 4 and my neighbors have already ran over their mailbox and ripepd it out of the ground...they have a shitty mid 90s ford frestyle or whatever it was called back then.. windstar maybe.. with broken hubcaps and faded paint.. they dont park in the garage they dont even try.. The guy that used to live there was a pueto rican dude with a forrester 2.5XT.. man these people SUCK compared to him.. he was quiet.. took care of his shit.. he was quiet.. and most importantly HE WAS QUIET. he seemed to be a high class guy in a low end neighborhood.. these shitass peopel BELONG HERE.

I want to move so bad.. but theres a house in my hood for sale for $87k!! 87 THOUSAND! WTF?! Its a pos but still.. if thats all m, yhouse is worth I'm a good $20k in the hole.

for 8 hours.. then its back to this shithole..

I'm calling the county tomorrow about the rat infested trash heap thats in the street 2 houses down.. its been there for almost a month.

and I mean literally a trash heap.. not an old car.. its trash.. these people used to let it pile up in their yard but now its overflowing into the street..

none ofthis was happening when I moved here only 1.5 years ago.

like the rims. What type are they?

starla I'm surprised we haven't seen each other then.. unless you live closer to downtown Smyrna. I work in "Smyrna" near 285 and that big smoketack.. power plant I guess?

You must make CRAZY money to live out here..

I'm SUPER surprised... we live off oakdale road, between atlanta road and south cobb... pretty close to the big smokestack. The husband works downtown and takes south cobb in to work, i'm surprised you haven't crossed paths. Our place isn't that expensive... it's a new development of townhouses and it was very reasonable for the location. The same amount of money downtown wouldn't have gotten us jack.

So, want to hear something funny? We were poking around online and realized Dr.Chris bought his spec.B march 1st from SoG... and guess who was sitting in the service waiting room at the time? Yeah, the two of us. We remember that they had two gray spec.Bs at the time and my husband remembered seeing a guy taking pictures of the one... we were going to give it a test drive but the sales guys told us someone had just bought it. LOL. I was about... 38 weeks pregnant at the time, hard to miss... the giant preggo pissed off chick yelling at the service guys about needing our brakes machined again. Anyway... *hums "it's a small world"*

I always go to SoG for service, but I'vew only lived in ATL for 2 years.

I met 2 guys with wrxs that were from wrxatl, but I'm not a member there yet.

I actually work on atlanta road RIGHT at 285 on the outside. I often take this little side road.. the factory road that crosses between S. cobb and ATL rd. to go to the zaxbys taco bell and the racetrac on S. cobb. That zaxbys has some of the friendliest service of any zaxs I've been at. They're fast and good too..

The taco bell there is the same way.. friendly people at a taco bell?! NEVER! but they are there.

I shop at the kroger on Atl rd. for my work food.. a kroger in a parking garage.. what a crazy idea. They are super friendly there too.

ATL is "huge" but its funny we're probably always crossing paths..

your LGT is blue starla? I know one day when I was heading west on cumberland at s. cobb I spotted a guy in an LGT make a left onto s. cobb coming from the atl rd. area. I know he looked at me cos I looked at him. The car didn't appear to have any mods. .I dont recall what the color was. The guy kinda hot dogged it around the corner as he went down S. cobb.

I live so far away I dont erallydrive agressive till I start getting near my home.Theres a back road out this way with $500k houses on it and farm land with garzing cows and stuff.. its right off the silver comet trail. its a twisty I like to take it fast.. but I always get stuck behind some woman giving me dirty looks in her rearview cos the speed limit is 25..

anyone know if SoG sitll has the white STI in the showroom? They offered to let me test drive it last time I was there and I came SO CLOSE to trying.. but I told them no cos I'm not so good on manuals..

Correct, i do have the COBB Stage 2 suspension package...I like it because it doesnt ride too low...don't have to come to 0mph before pulling in places because im afraid of bottoming out etc

Hm.. strange. I think cobb springs gives you a serious drop, especially on front. (1.75'') I have cobb springs on stock wheels, and very often I hit shocks limiter (I guess it is), as I hit anything higher then 1 inch, hear a big boom inside...

There are no bad people, just differeent.

I finally got some Shell 93 in Tucker last night. Shell by Walmart at Lavista/L'ville Hwy intersection. I assumed they were just lazy and had not taken the sign down properly. So I go in and ask if they really have premium, they say yes and I start doing the happy dance. I think she thought I won the lottery...

So I filled the Legacy and ran back and filled the WRX. WOOT.

So it sounds like we need an ATL Legacy meet sometime...

perhaps... I gotta wash mine when I pull it out of the garage..

I've been cruising rental car style this week.. saving gas.. blowing money.. but hey it gets the job done.

Archived