LegacyGT.com

ATL LGTs

Jerboa113

It was funny (regarding octane number):

couple weeks ago, first time in my life I run out of gas on my odyssey (2007), with babies and wife onboard. We were lucky it stopped downhill, so we just slide to a sub-division ahead. I start asking people there if anyone has a mover so I can borrow some gas (I was driving to a gas station, 2 miles ahead). One nice lady let me fill several gallons from her big canister.

So, I did so, drove to a gas station, and fill a whole tank .

Usually I have about 15 -16 mpg city on the odyssey (heavy foot), getting 30-330 miles per tank. Now I've got less then 200! about 9 mpg! New fill of empty tank fixed everything.

So, knowing that gas can loose it's octane what stored for a long time, i could imagine what octane she has for a mover!

Couple of gallons from 20 total reduced 35% of MPG..

And for that lady.. i've filled a whole canister for her, as a "thank you"

There are no bad people, just differeent.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just put it directly into her car..

I just reflashed my ecu to 91. I dont have a serial port on my computer so the latest map I have is a 115.

At least now I can run 91,92,or 93. I still cant use 87 tho.. :(

enterprise is a lot cheaper than other brands.. economy I think wanted $230 for a "standard" car like a G6.. enterprise wants $189 for the same thing.

I dont want either.. I want to keep that money..

I know i'm really ragging on this gas thing but if I cant get to work my entire life comes to a stop. I dont have a wife, or kids, or even a GF.. I'm trying to get my life together before I do any of those things. I only have 1 car, a shitty house that needs a ton of work, I dont really have time for transportation problems.

I attempted to address this at work today.. they told me it was my fault for buying the car, and that I should have known better.. its 3 years old and has 51k miles on it today.. how was I supposed to know 3 years from the purchase date I'd be on my 3rd job, in my 1st house in a city 250 miles from where I was living at the time to make that desicion? Either way.. not getting any special treatment at work about this.. I have to be there or I have to take a vacation day.. and since I only have 3.. I would rather not do that.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Thats great man, this thing should be over soon. You should go buy a refillable drunk (10 gal or something) and fillerup to make sure you can still get around if that station runs out.

Im going to get a bigger one than my in car spare to ensure that my wife has enough.

its hard to get something like that to and from the station.. that station is about 15-20 miles from my house.

I have a 5 gallon tank I could use but i'm worried about it tipping over or leaving it in my hot car all day.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I have one I use to fill up the mower. It has seals and stuff but nothing is perfect.

I have a mattress pad in my trunk that keeps things from sliding around, but a sharp enough turn would tip something like that. If I knew it was there I would make a dedicated trip but theres no real way to do that.

I havent made any trips except to work and back. I really need dishwasher detergent.. but for now I'm eating junkfood and letting dishes pile up until I have some other reason to leave the house. I cant stop on the way home because the store is packed and I'd have to drive around trying to find a parking place.

hrmm.. you know velcro holds really well to the trunk carpet material. until this year I had a toolbox velcroed to my trunk floor. It never budged. I used to almost want someone to try to steal it.. they'd grab it and try to run and they'd fall flat on their ass. :lol:

having any better luck? my local station has gas now for the 1st time in 2 weeks.. but its 87 only. I've only passed one station in the last 3 days thats had anything other than 87.

i'd run out of gas trying to get to sandy springs.. thats like a 4 hour drive in the mornings/afternoons.

the QT on E/W has 91 (or 93.. the sign isn't very clear which) so I'll just have to try to get it there until this crap blows over.

Its nasty down here again, guess i was mistaken. Everyone gets gas, but they run out in a few hours. Stinks

Another note: Installed my Stromung DWG downpipe this weekend and I think i have a leak somewhere. There is a hiss coming from somewhere in that region and I cant find it. I ran it a bit to heat up and then torqued it again, then re checked once everything cooled down. Its very annoying.

Also, considering the new DP, should I flash to a cobb stage 2 to ensure that I dont have a boost spike issue like many talk about? The UP will be installed later this week.

I have a 1998 Audi A4 1.8T that requires 93 octane...

I have a 2002 WRX that requires 93 octane...

I have a 2005 Legacy GT that requires 93 octane...

Anybody see a problem here?

I drove around an hour on Saturday looking for gas... no luck.

I finally broke down and went to the Sherwin Williams in Little 5 and bought 2 gallons of toluene@ $16/gallon and mixed it with 10 gallons of 87 QT gas. The toluene is 114 octane so I ended up 12 gallons of ~91.5 octane for the bargain price of $72 dollars.:eek:

I gotta find some damn premium or I will not be going to work. Best part is I work in Peachtree City... 90 miles round trip daily.

enterprise will rent you an economy car for like $150 a week.. if I cant get premium on my way home I'm having them "pick me up." and I'll drive a pos econo-box for a week that uses 87 and gets better mileage.. if in a week this hasn't been fixed I dont know what I'll do tho.

jesus 90 a day? and I thought my 55 was too far... I live in D-ville but I work in Smyrna.

Here the link, you can search by premium only:

http://www.atlantagasprices.com/index.aspx?s=Y&fuel=C&area=Alpharetta&station=All+Stations&tme_limit=24&site=Atlanta&srch=0&list=0

->> "Search For Gas Prices" on your right

Hope it may help. I did not find 93 this morning though. Got the link after..

this angers me..

looks like I need to call enterprise.. get a siphon to take the gallon or 2 out of my lawnmower... maybe the .5-1 gal. left of 87 in my fuel can at home for said lawnmower.

I am sure you won't do any damage if you'll drive on 87 for a while, just stay out of boot.

Even manual says it should be fine. and acono map (5 psi max v.s 12 stock max) - will help you.

No detonation, I am sure - I'll log it this night to have aproof :-)

Rent a car - this is overkill, IMO

well think about it.. even at best I'm gonna get 22mpg.. if I run 87 I risk blowing my engine, but I save money..

if I rent a car I pay more money, but I run the gas its designed for.. and it could get 35mpg.. plus if gas comes back I can drive it like I stole it the last few days. :lol:

I spoke with cobb and they said DO NOT use economy map on 87 octane. They said i'd be better off with the stage 1 CA/AZ 91 map and 87.

Why you talk to COBB, but not to SOA? Call you dealer..

You can load stock map (if you do not like cobb economy), and.. Talk to them. There is no chance you can blow your engine, unless you'll race it.

We have low comperession without boost.

BTW, do you have boost gauge? It will help.

P.S But I like the idea of "driving like I stole it " :-)

no boost guage.

This is my only car and its almost paid off.. I dont want to risk it when for a few hundred bucks I can drive something "normal."

If I didnt have such low equity in this car I would consider trading it in for something..

Archived