LegacyGT.com

ATL LGTs

Jerboa113

whattyall have in mind for a meetup? Like the Varisty or somethin like that maybe? or maybe theres somewhere better? tbh I'm only 2 years into my ATL life so downtown is still a mystery to me..
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahaha the varsity is nasty. If we just want to meet and greet somewhere big, there is a big controlled parking lot right on the tech campus. I have gate card access to it so we could meet and greet there (Its where I park when I am at work).

yea.. "atlanta" is the description pretty much given to the northwestern half of GA. :lol:

We could meet at SoG :p Or maybe discover mills or something up that area? I really like the satellite blvd area but I sometimes wonder if Gwinnett county actually has a driving test or if you just fill out a form to get a license there.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I live in Tucker and do a lot of my own work. Have some tools and there is an autozone a mile away that loans any big tools you'd ever need.

I am ordering Bilstein HDs and Ion springs to install 10/4 or 10/5. My driveway has a bit of room.

PS. My car is a 2005 manual wagon. Stage 2.5 (I guess that's what we call it these days) VF40/18G, meth injection, Walbro fuel pump, Perrin TMIC. Would love to see some more Legacys. I've been tryng to hook up with Integroid (not sure of his real name- he lives in Tucker also). He has a TD06 I believe- putting down 350+ WHP...

I dont think I can go to a meet with all these modded legacys... unless my car is just the stock comparison model. :lol:

I'm calling cobb today to see what they can tell me about my AP v1 and the economy mode.. I'm going to have to run 87 in this damn car or I'm going to have to take time off w/o pay. If I dont get gas tomorrow I wont be able to work thursday or friday.. or again until gas comes back.

mpiotro: I'd be in to lend a hand on the spring-shock swap if you like, Id love to feel the ride in some modded versions (suspension and turbo). I cant imagine i would ever swap the turbo out, but the suspension is on my to do list, and having points of comparison is always nice.

Looks like this weekend im going to afriends by the airport to install my Crucial Coated Up Pipe, and Stromung DWG Downpipe. I hope the header wrap i ordered gets here by then... The gaskets should be here today or tomorrow.

I passed about 2 or 3 stations on my way in that had 87... I didnt see any that had 93 and despite what my father keeps telling me I'm not hunting around or calling gas stations cos the situation changes minute by minute. If you dont go into a station while it had gas, you wont get any.

this is getting ridiculous.. someone needs to suffer severely for doing this to our city.. find the people responsible.. hang them, set them on fire while they're choking...

I just called cobb.. the guy recommended I rent a car. :( :( :( :( :mad::(

He said it MAY be safe to reflash to stage 1 AZ/CA 91 and baby it but even then its at risk.. he advised that if I can rent a car thats the safest thing to do..

A rental car is $230 a week...

Did you ask them if they were going to make a low boost map for use with crap fuel? it seems like they should.

BTW, there is another post where people are running 87 without a problem (they arent reflashed)... I would think you should just demarry your AP and run 87 for the moment, just dont go overkill.

its all I can do right now to get 20.4mpg out of my car city. My commute is 100% city, I do not bother with the interstate here.. it takes me 1 hour to go 29 mile. speeds range from 60 to 5... it varies greatly..

I have tried before to baby my car and its ended rather badly. I dont mind being in a situation where my car wont let me hurt it, but you never know when you come into a situation where you are about to be Tboned or ran over etc. if you cant get on the gas.. I just dont think I can comfortably do that..

god this is frustrating.. why the hell did I have to buy this car?

you're from ATL, what are you going to do when you cant get 91/93? which may be today...

It ran out down here yesterday. thank god i filled up on sunday. I also keep a spare 5 gallons sealed and strapped down in the trunk for emergencies. So i should be good for another 10 days... hopefully. For now im running the Fuel Econ Map and hoping i can avoid trouble.

Here, in Alpharetta (around 11th exit 400), I see only 93 gas, no 87.. I actually fill our Odyssey with 93 now, runs great:-)

As for a price difference, saving $4.5 per week/ car won't help me to pay my bills.

There are no bad people, just differeent.

I'm on the phone with enterprise now to see what their rates are... if I cant get any gas on my trip home or tomorrow morning I will have to rent a car that runs 87.

why the hell did I buy this car??

Some people drive theirs LGT on 87, on this forum. I read this thread recently, but can't find it.

they are saying no harm for a car, ECU is able to pull the timings.

I think you can use econo map, and you'll be fine.

I spoke with a guy at cobb this morning about that. He said that if I map to the stage 1 91 for AZ/CA that I can run 87 if I stay off boost... he kept using the phrase "or the engine will detonate." This is my only car.. and it has to get me to work and back.. Its almost paid off and I need to move.. I really cant afford to buy another car or have major repair done on this one right now.

I told him about the idea of renting a car and he recommended that over using the AZ/CA map. He said the econ map would not really help the situation because the econ map is designed to expect at least 91 octane and would actually hurt the car... I did not talk to him about the stock map but I would think if he felt that was the answer he would have recommended that.

I know the thread you're talking about.. most people thought the op suggesting 87 was nuts for trying it. :lol:

It goes back to the fact that the car is turbo'd. Theres cars like the TL that "require" premium fuel but being NA they can pull timing dump fuel and be just fine.. our cars (according to the cobb dude) depend on the extra octane in the fuel to provide resistence in the cylinders during boost..

This is my 1st non NA vehicle and although I love the feeling of the boost, I dont know that my next vehicle will be turbo'd..

I agree, and never understand those guys who buy a turbo and feed it with 87 octane.

As for a Cobb guy, he should know what he is saying.

What about these octane boosters? how does they work?

in the "87 octane for life" thread I think its called, they addressed the idea of octane booster, cos that was my 1st thought. Apparently the ones you can buy at the store only boosted it by decimals.. at most 1.5.. so 87 would only be 88.5 with a booster.. Someone mentioned store items you can buy at paint supply stores etc.. but I'm not willing to play chemist with my gas tank.. dammit i'm just a commuter! I need to get to work first.. everything else is 2nd.

Archived