LegacyGT.com

New OBXT owner from Moscow

Aex1

how did you solve the AUX/MP3 input issue on your 05 OBXT ? Should be pretty boring to sit in Moscow traffic without some music to boot :)

Also, make sure you change your cabin air filter often :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

how did you solve the AUX/MP3 input issue on your 05 OBXT ? Should be pretty boring to sit in Moscow traffic without some music to boot :)

Also, make sure you change your cabin air filter often :)

I'll order this thing, I think http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504

And where is the cabin air filter located, sorry?

I'll order this thing, I think http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504

And where is the cabin air filter located, sorry?

That's Jazzy's Board, it should be fine. Many board members have it, myself included :) There are other solutions that do not require silent CD (like mvigneau's) but it might be too involved considering where you are located.

Cabin air filter is located behind glove compartment on passenger side ( za bardachkom). Do search by cabin filter on this forum, there must be some walk-through threads showing how to change it.

Check oil level periodically - yours is turbo so depending on oil brand you will be using you may loose anywhere from 0 ml to 1 liter of oil per oil change (which Subaru recommends to be approx every 5,000 km these days). I was loosing about a liter (US quart) of Mobil 1 synthetic 5W30 per oil change. It all also depends on how hard you will driving your car.

On the pictures of your wheels I noticed you have regular nuts. Just in case you want to make sure you keep those wheels Subaru sells secure lug nuts (sekretki) as well - it's cheap and works great.

Good luck with your new car. Udachi !

That's Jazzy's Board, it should be fine. Many board members have it, myself included :) There are other solutions that do not require silent CD (like mvigneau's) but it might be too involved considering where you are located.

Cabin air filter is located behind glove compartment on passenger side ( za bardachkom). Do search by cabin filter on this forum, there must be some walk-through threads showing how to change it.

Check oil level periodically - yours is turbo so depending on oil brand you will be using you may loose anywhere from 0 ml to 1 liter of oil per oil change (which Subaru recommends to be approx every 5,000 km these days). I was loosing about a liter (US quart) of Mobil 1 synthetic 5W30 per oil change. It all also depends on how hard you will driving your car.

On the pictures of your wheels I noticed you have regular nuts. Just in case you want to make sure you keep those wheels Subaru sells secure lug nuts (sekretki) as well - it's cheap and works great.

Good luck with your new car. Udachi !

Thank you for the advices.

I know:-) I am from Kiev .

stage 2 black legacy, but sedan.

It shoudl be a great car for a Moscow winter. Here, in Atlanta I've see snow for 1-2 days in year.

Alex.

Ukrainian is different language/dialect I thought no? Anyways how could you leave Kiev with that hot new Prime Minister? She's a babe. lol

Diggin that Outback back on topic. Custom pedal set or did it come with the car as is? You know they just previewed the Outback Boxer Diesel in Europe (Vienna?) last week...leaning towards that when available in the U.S. w/ 45 mpg.

Ukrainian is slightly different from Russian, but precisely because of this it's hardly to learn than absolutely alian language. I understand it quite well, but speaking it is another thing. As one can see, you are not indifferent to that female Prime Minister?..(I need smile here.)

Well, the STI pedal set was already in the car, as the STI Triple turbo gauge.

I speak both Ukrainian and Russian (actually, Russian was my first language), as we had Russian in a school as a primary , Ukrainian was like a "foreign" one :-) (In Kiev, capital of Ukraine:)

Boxer Diesel? sound nice, but it should be Boxer TURBO Diesel to be in USA. :-)

There are no bad people, just differeent.

It for sure is a US model with that rear bumper. The outbacks in the rest of the world have the cutouts like my avatar. With that SPT exhaust and you living in Russia/Europe you should put the bumper on with the cutouts.

Not only does it have cutouts for the exhaust look how much shorter it makes the car. About 1.5-2.0 inches.

http://www.subaru-global.com/09outback_ex360.html

Let's speak English here, please, it's more comfortable for all folks. No, there are very few such cars here, in Moscow. With all my drive experience, only yesterday I saw one, the black, too.

But mine has this thing (SPT Cat-Back):

http://www.photoshare.ru/original/photoshare.ru-2062563.jpg

Below is Perrin Anti-Sway Bar 22mm (red).

Another picture:

http://www.photoshare.ru/original/photoshare.ru-2062564.jpg

This is a SPT Cat-Back v2, made especially for Legacy Sedan! I don't remember if i told this. As far as know, SPT never made exhausts for wagons and i guess why. They are too loud for wagon! Now i'm looking for the solution that could be a resonator or something. Or i'll get used to, though.

^^ This is why I am going to put aftermarket mid and Y pipe (3'' and2.5'') on my sedan, but leave the stock mufflers. Here, in USA loud car can attract a cop, and you can have a ticket only for a sound...

How is this in Moscow? I was under impression that GAI does not care about your sound. Is it true?

There are no bad people, just differeent.

I don't get it. None of the picturs are working for me in either Firefox, IE, nor Safari. Nor does the link you showed me.

I miss Moscow (I was born there myself). I bet you get a lot of really people that look twice at the car, I'm under the impression that Subaru is considered a very cool car in Moscow. :)

• 1 month later...
Bringing this thread back from the dead...but how are those wheels holding up? They're pretty inexpensive & I like the look. Are you using stock tires?

No, i'm using Hankook Ventus HRII.

Yeah I've seen even better photos of her than that. She is waaay hotter than Alaskan Sarah Palin. ha ha ha

Probably smarter and probably has more foreign policy experience as well but yeah definitely hotter.

Probably smarter and probably has more foreign policy experience as well but yeah definitely hotter.

who cares if she can't even skin the moose ? :lol:

Archived