LegacyGT.com

Legacy Part Numbers.

That should suppress some of the jumpy feeling in the rear of stock suspended vehicles. Someday I can enhance that further with lightweight wheels, but not while driving in Massachusetts, that's for sure.

Srsimon, yes, I recall an arm that braces the rear as well. If the price is not outrageous, I would just as soon replace all applicable parts while I'm under there. Eventually I'd like to put in the cusco rear lower braces as well.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that it matters for your conversion, but I think that there is also a brace near the rear diff that is aluminum. I'll have to look under my car next Friday when it is up on the rack. I'll try to remember to take some pics. :)

Yeah, it's rear diff support and it's alu on JDM cars. I thought it's JDM only, at least I did not see it there for 06 USDM SpecB. Poor Vimy.

Yeah, it's rear diff support and it's alu on JDM cars. I thought it's JDM only, at least I did not see it there for 06 USDM SpecB. Poor Vimy.

I think it's aluminum and we got it on the 07/08's for a reason: we have the R180; 06B and all LGTs have the R160. (the aluminum is probably a method to counterbalance the additional weight from the R180)

Underdog: that is considered part of the sprung weight, because it is after the springs.

If you can trace a component back to the wheel and "pass" through the spring before hitting the wheel, it is considered sprung weight.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Yup, I got the concept but I can't picture the brace so I was thinking it was part of the wheel/axle assembly which would make it unsprung. If it is truly a reinforcement brace I will probably hold-off on that part until I did the cusco stuff. The arms/links/springs/struts/etc is expensive enough for round 1. I am going to try and source all the parts through K.O.P. and will report back with my complete list.

I think it's aluminum and we got it on the 07/08's for a reason: we have the R180; 06B and all LGTs have the R160. (the aluminum is probably a method to counterbalance the additional weight from the R180)

I believe JDM Rev.A cars (MY2004) also have exclusively R160, yet they come with the alu diff support.

I believe JDM Rev.A cars (MY2004) also have exclusively R160, yet they come with the alu diff support.

:lol: I should have said USDM 05-06LGTs & 06B have R160s and steel supports.

unclemat...I think we have learned by now that the Land of the Rising Sun has a higher ratio of OEM goodies per capita than the USDM market EVER will. :lol: No getting around that fact.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I know and I accept that sad fact :lol: I mentioned that because R180 and that piece do not always go together.

Who knows why SOA decided all of the sudden 07+ worthy of it.

I wonder if this piece is stiffer. Cast aluminum is more rigid than stamped steel. I wonder if there are any 07+ SpecBs suffering from the "growling noise problem".

^ Bump for the pic.

LCA's showed up and assuming the packaging Ken sent them in was original, they match up with the part numbers Opie listed in post 118. There are a few surface nicks near the ball joints but otherwise they seem to be in great shape. LH weighed in at 6lbs 4.2oz, RH was 6lbs 6.4oz. This is including the ball joints and bushings.

I wonder if it is worth throwing in new ball joints while I have them off the car. Oh and these came with AVO caster bushings pressed in, hopefully they dont need to be pressed out and back in for differences between the cars.

Gonna call a local dealer for prices on the rear components.

UD,

I'd save a bit of money and keep the BJ's in there. It isn't like they are very intensive to get to if something does occur.

Visually inspect them, move them around in there range of motion and if they appear and "feel" okay, go with them.

Can someone give me the correct part number for the Turbo Oil Feed Banjo Bolt?

The part number below is not correct. I purchased it and it does not look anything like the one in the TSB on thel7.com. Also, there is no filter on the inside like it states.

15194AA110 - Banjo Bolt for the turbo (Called a union screw by SOA)

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone who has EPC or any Subaru OEM parts catalogue confirm, that the hood on the 05 USDM LGT is the same as the 07/08 USDM LGT?

1stsubaruparts.com has the same factory part number for both of them, but I just want to be sure :)

Is this available in Japan as well?

Have you asked Paul at AVO? He's in Seattle area now. He probably gets large bulk items shipped every so often. Maybe he can get one thrown in with the next shipment? I know he had some used bumpers shipped over like that.

I'm in Seattle area too, so if you can get a reasonable cost down, put me down for one.

Hey, I just wanted to post an update. First, a couple weeks ago I received the shift knob from Cheam Motors in the UK... no problems whatsoever and it looks nice. I'd go through them again.

Second, I'm still working on getting the deep cargo tray here. Been pursuing it slowly in what little spare time I get. :spin: My dealer's considering importing it. If they decline, I'll try AVO. I'll post again when there is any news.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know the part number for the plastic bolts for the plastic under engine cover? My lower engine cover is sagging on one side. When I checked it out, I found a missing plastic bolt. It goes in a hole right at the cylinder heads just in front of the wheel.

http://i32.tinypic.com/35anaye.jpg

can someone get me a part number for that piece that surrounds the door handle? (the rear one, without the keyhole), and an approximate price? thanks!

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• 2 weeks later...