LegacyGT.com

"Ride and Drive"

[quote name='AMT4SWA']Hey Kevin from SoDallas, Will all the Subaru Dealership personel please keep us up to date on any future "public" ride and drive events...Thanx! :)[/quote] well, Subaru has always had "Ride and Drive" for subaru personnel. I should be doing my Ride and Drive in March hopefully. I havent received any firmed dates though. Subaru has really never offered a public "ride and drive" though there is sometimes provision for the dealer to send a guest or two to one of these things. I'll definitly be taking a camera with me! Hell, a video camera too! :D

Mercedes invited me to one when the current "C" class was about to be introduced at the dealerships in the U.S. (very nice set-up...MB sent out invitations to people that had been following the new "C" class introduction through the MB website). MB invited prospective customers to go out and drive the car (dog racing track parking lot area that was normally used for SCCA autocross events) and give feedback to the MB reps that were present. This was also done when their "C" class coupe came out. Volvo did this recently for their real hardcore potential customers for the S60R, just a month before this car hit the dealerships...Volvo also brought one of their British Touring Cars (S60R racer) to compare to the factory car...very aggressive marketing!!! I think Subaru would be well served by setting something up for the highly interested followers of the new Legacy. At least the ability for the hardcore to go out and see this vehicle in person prior to the first deliveries...get the buzz going early! BTW, I live in Austin and I work at Southwest...so if you need a good technically minded (Aircraft Maintenance Technician4SWA) guest to go with you just send me an e-mail...I can fly to Dallas on very short notice! :D

Archived