LegacyGT.com

SuperMoose's Audio Install **Picture Heavy**

SuperMoose15

SuperMoose15. i appreciate you hitting me up wit the link. i did check it out, and couldn't find ANY Subaru apps. Im hoping this is something that may cross reference with any car/type. i shot to page owner and email stating that I had read of this application being successfully completeed, adn asked for any assiatnce that he/she could provide. I know at thsi point and part number may be very difficult to come by, but if you have any receipt or packaing info, THAT WOULD BE STELLAR!! im stating to bite my nails on my double din pioneer purchase. I knew Highline made one, but i think ive read they no longer do this (fort the manual climte or Hvac)

I like the AVIC. It is pretty easy to use. That being said I think the navigation software sucks. It gets all kinds of confused in Philadelphia and tries to take me ways it can't. Elsewhere it will take me one way to a destination and a different way back. Annoying but I think people are working on getting TomTom to work on it. Check the avic411.com forums I suggested. Much more knowledge there than I have. It does what I need it too. I'm just annoyed my iPod is too old to work with it and I'm too cheap to buy a newer one right now. I also haven't actually hooked up the antenna for the radio, I'll do that in the spring when I buy the adapter. The only real luck I had with the unit was it was full of bugs and I pulled the trigger and decided to give it a whirl. The day it arrived on my doorstep was the day they released the first firmware update which solved a lot of problems people were having so I never had to experience them. They have come out with two firmware updates total so you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any other questions.

thank mate. the one i got came with the updated 2.0 firmware. i was briefly on avic411 today but at this point, wasn't able to find an override for the ebrake/dvd player (which i think is mute to you and the 70bt, if im correct?) when i get more time, and get teh darn thing installed, im sure ill be burning the avic sight up. hate to hear about the NAVi problems. in NC, its not too densely populated, so HOPEFULLY there wont be many NAVI problems for me whilst traveling in state.

I did not change the rear speakers. I left those stock since they are mainly just to fill sound. The sound stage should be in front of you, not behind so I have the fader +3 or +4 to the front. Boston Acoustics sound great. I had a set in my old Benz and would recommend them to anyone. They make a good product. I also have them for my surround sound system at my parents house.

Archived