LegacyGT.com

Front end clunk

grimbeaver

• 2 months later...
Get the greaseable sway bar bushes from Energy Suspension. No more clunk.

http://www.energysuspension.com/media2/GreSwayBB.jpg

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

I have had some clunking issues on the passenger rear since May 09. I am running Cobb Sways...swapped ELs...to Ralliteks and didnt help. Had the tech look at it and tighten everything down (man those Els are hard to snug up!)....on Bosco's reccomendation, I ordered a set of these^^^ thanks for the pic, Phil...going on next week. I hope it finally fixes the clunk for good.

Rehab is for quitters.

I have had some clunking issues on the passenger rear since May 09. I am running Cobb Sways...swapped ELs...to Ralliteks and didnt help. Had the tech look at it and tighten everything down (man those Els are hard to snug up!)....on Bosco's reccomendation, I ordered a set of these^^^ thanks for the pic, Phil...going on next week. I hope it finally fixes the clunk for good.

TPLGT , please keep me update after the bushing swape. I have to deal with the same issue . Did you have 22mm sway bar ? if yes, what's the part number for the greasable bushing & Mount ?

TPLGT , please keep me update after the bushing swape. I have to deal with the same issue . Did you have 22mm sway bar ? if yes, what's the part number for the greasable bushing & Mount ?

Will do. The part number for the greaseable bushings is 9.5158. This is for a 22mm Cobb rear sway.

Rehab is for quitters.

I still have a nasty csae of the clunks. I just picked up a set of energy suspension greaseable bushings. They seem to be very heavy/beefy...theyre going on, Thurs. Fingers crossed this solves the problem (lingering since May).
Rehab is for quitters.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have you replaced the end links on the sway bar, 9 out of 10 times that's the noise.

Perrin end links fixed my clunking.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you replaced the end links on the sway bar, 9 out of 10 times that's the noise.

Perrin end links fixed my clunking.

Don't know if this was directed towards me or the OP, but yes I also have rallitek springs (been on for 2 years with no clunking) and rallitek HD front and rear sway bar endlinks.

fixed the clunk in mine, finally....found the security beeper was broken loose below the air box. could only hear the clunk/rattle on a left hand turn....which is when the right side of the car moves the most vertically, sloshing the beeper around in that well below the air box.

• 1 month later...
fixed the clunk on my FSB. Tightened the endlinks with the suspension loaded and also installed homemade lateral locks because I had the materials handy. I believe the clunk was due to the end links needing a bit of extra twist.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine ended up being driver side Sway end link. It looked to be completely intact but replacing it solved the problem.

However, I still feel that at low speed 10mph and less, the front end is quite noisey over bumps. It doesn't sound like anything is loose or binding but it just seems loud and a bit harsh.

fixed the clunk on my FSB. Tightened the endlinks with the suspension loaded and also installed homemade lateral locks because I had the materials handy. I believe the clunk was due to the end links needing a bit of extra twist.

What did your locks end up looking like? Any pictures by chance?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a clunk over speed bumps, and i think i have narrowed it down to either engine or tranny mounts. If i coast over speed bumps i get a clunk/click, HOWEVER if i slow down to almost nothing and lightly accelerate over... dead silent. I have not replaced them yet so i cant say for sure but its the best i can think of for now because my endlinks are good, and i have new swaybar bushings. Could also be LCA bushings too because they are shot. Give the speed bump thing a try though and see if it changes anything for you.

• 8 months later...

Archived