LegacyGT.com

Open ECU Maps

cfdrumr

I think we should start some sort of collection of everyones Open ECU maps on here to share and look at. The Romraider forum is so damn slow and the OSECUROMS forum is dead...

Lets get some maps posted!

Attach this info with your maps:

Car:

Stage:

Intake:

Up/Dp:

Exhaust:

IC:

Turbo:

Further Mods:

Elevation:

Numbers (if possible):

Thanks guys! Good Luck!

(Sticky anyone?!?)

There is already a great map on romraider.com (mickey's map). I think a VERY basic stage 2 map would be nice for beginners to at least have a place to start. But I don't know about posting maps other than those since additional mods can make a big difference to a tune.

I'd personally be interested to see more graphed logs of timing, boost, and fuel that people are running. Most of the tune targets those parameters and even when tuning you have an idea of what you want. Seeing the rights and wrongs of what others are doing would be nice (and allowing others to critique your graphs aids your learning too).

I could post my stage 2 map but if anyone ran it they would blow their motor. That's of no good utility. However, seeing my timing, boost, and fuel gives you a much better idea about my tune and what I am trying to do. That's where the value is.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Infamous.........sticky help?

Sorry, not worthy of a sticky in my mind :redface:

It is a nice though, however a good way to blow your car up for reasons Legend metioned above. One map can be very conservative on one vehicle yet then blow up on another car. The reason I feel this is not a good idea is because there is no aid or service behind it. If you don't know how to make the appropriate adjustments or understand what is going on, only the worst can happen.

FWIW Mickeyd's stg 1 tune should not be running any higher boost, 16psi as is more than I would call for on my own stg 1 roms. With the cat still in place there is alot of back pressure in the exhaust reducing flow and generating more heat.

:(

So you think 16 is too high for stage 1?

No, but I wouldn't go any higher. Mickeyd knows what he is doing. He actually taught me how to tune through literally 100's of emails :cool: I owe him dinner if he ever makes it to SoCal :)

I gotta get back to my ecu. I have had a rough stream of events...

first i fried my ECU (car was in the shop over 2 weeks)

then i was in the hospital for 4 days with a heart condition...now im back

maybe next week I will re-flash and log...I NEED POWER

• 4 weeks later...
does anybody have a stage 1 "bin file" for a 06 LGT 5eat??? thanks... whats a good site to learn simple tuning???

Interested in the same (for an 05 5EAT). I'd love to use Mickey's maps, but they are for MT's, so I believe those for the 5EAT would be different.

Has anyone pulled the Cobb/pdx/etc maps off with a Tactrix cable to use as a starting point?

Interested in the same (for an 05 5EAT). I'd love to use Mickey's maps, but they are for MT's, so I believe those for the 5EAT would be different.

Has anyone pulled the Cobb/pdx/etc maps off with a Tactrix cable to use as a starting point?

Mickeyd's map was just set up originally on a 5mt, it can easily be adapted for a 5eat. His map is not and actually rom it is the parameters in excel format that then must be pasted to your rom image, 5eat or 5mt.

Pulling Cobb/PDX or whomever would be stealling in a way. The Cobb rom is available with street tuner, the PDX would never work as stated earlier you would only be able to pull the base map. Also I am confident Mickeyd's map is better than either anyways.

I would think you would only get he base map. The real time you would not get with OS. At least that was my understanding.
You'd get both base and the realtime maps in effect after a reset. You just wouldn't be able to change the realtime maps.

• 9 years later...

I find it amazing studing the maps" That 2009 STI 305 hp max boost is only 13.43 psi.

my 2008 xt stock map is 13.54 psi. But you will find more 13.43'psi's in three load ranges.

I have also cross reference study of my 2011 outback non turbo because it runs 80 mph /30 mpg.

Goal one is to program my 2008 Outback XT to run high way average mpg 30+-2 mpg at 80 mph.

This is in the Cruise mode.

So far with one attempt today did get 27.4 mph with cruise control set at 70 mph on a 15 mile run on the interstate today. 91-92 octane.

Goal 2 is to nearly duplicate the power of 300-305 hp just thru reprogramming the ROM.

but not by running a higher boost pressure. Than shown in the XT or STI stock.

"Cam Timing for mpg works well"

The more I read Cobb has been using STI map's for alot of stage 2 settings. :lol: I'm building a map now for my 2008 Outback XT using 2009 STI for reference and copy past some of the settings. Using EcuFlash for this.

2008 STI map uses a exhaust valve timing but 2009 does not.

both are rated at 305 hp+- not ready to share this map its not complete or test yet.

The more I read Cobb has been using STI map's for alot of stage 2 settings. :lol: I'm building a map now for my 2008 Outback XT using 2009 STI for reference and copy past some of the settings. Using EcuFlash for this.

2008 STI map uses a exhaust valve timing but 2009 does not.

both are rated at 305 hp+- not ready to share this map its not complete or test yet.

You realize the post you just quoted was from 2008....right?

If you'd like to start a dialogue with current members you are better off starting a new thread.

When you enter any sub forum (like tuning) there is a button near the top of the page that says "new topic" click that and fill out everything that comes up after.

If you have any issues feel free to send a message to a site moderator.

Archived