LegacyGT.com

Spec B Suspension just in

kanoswrx

Just wanted to thank JDM Parts Texas the parts, they look great. Cant wait to install them, hopefully its not to bad of an install. Even though I have done my suspension on my WRX a few times, it still a big undertaking. Anyways, here are some pics.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/brutkows/legacy/CRW_1779s.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/brutkows/legacy/CRW_1780s.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/brutkows/legacy/CRW_1781s.jpg

I hate to say it, but I don't think those are the Spec Bs. I'm pretty sure they are the GT set up. Paul from apexjapan said he prefers the GT setup over the Spec B setup. But, if those were sold to you as the Spec B suspension, then someone's got some explaining to do.

These are the Spec Bs. Note the difference in the Bilstein logo. If you do a search for the Bilstein info thread, the GT and Spec B part strut part numbers are listed.

fwkc7062-img600x450-1094974052dscf0005.jpg.14e46600219b0d4e3d339838a5631b1b.jpg

Interesting I will have to look into that. Just read the part numbers off my suspension,

Front is, 20310AG060

Rear is, 20365AG040

Maybe Paul from Apex Japan can confirm what I got.

Edit: I was just looking on Subaru's website in japan and found this picture on this page, http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/b4/safety/02/index.html

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/b4/safety/02/imgs/top.jpg

Below the picture on the japanese webpage it says its from a 2.0GT. It looks like the suspension I got, which would mean mine really is from a 2.0GT and not a Spec B. Now I don't know what to do.

Really the only difference between the Spec B and the GT (at least in version A suspensions) was in the damper valving, with the Spec B being set a bit firmer. As mentioned, I prefer the GT setup, though, as the Spec B was a bit too firm for day to day.

But the real issue is that you were sold Spec B and got GT. Although I think they simply didn't know the difference on their side...

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

Yeah, I don't blame JDMPartsTX at all, just a little mix up. I will decide today if I want to keep it or not. I bought it for 700 from them, and they offered to compensate me a little for the mix up if I do decide to keep it so thats really cool of them, really shows they are an awesome company.

axis008, yeah, thats my front projection setup, 85" 4:3 screen with a Infocus 4800 projector. Really nice projector for the money, got it last year.

Paul, just to get your thoughts on the suspension a bit more. I had a WRX with a v7 Spec C suspension and didn't mind the ride quality in that at all. If you ever felt that, where you would place the 2.0GT suspension and the 2.0Spec B suspension in relation to that in regards to performance and ride quality?

85" 4:3 screen with a Infocus 4800 projector. Really nice projector for the money, got it last year.

+1

OT, I know - I had a 4805 and returned it and got a 5000 instead with a 92 16:9 so I could do HD. Very nice set-up for not much money ($1900).

Ugg. I ordered a set of Spec-B Bilsteins from jdmpartstx last week. Wonder which struts I'll really get :( What's the general consensus on the non-spec b Bilsteins? Are they still worth installing over the stock USDM shocks? The rest of the setup will be STi pink springs, JDM 20mm rear bar, f/r endlinks, and front AVO bushings.

KGreb, did they send you or did you see a picture of the part you ordered? If so post it and I think we could tell which ones your getting. I think I am going to go ahead and install the JDM GT Bilsteins, I will be the guinee pig on them and let people know the difference it makes over the USDM Suspension. If it doesn't do what I want then I can allways sell it, but from what I have been reading it should still be a big improvement over the USDM stock stuff.

Kanos, they had a pic in the "coming soon" section but pulled it down after I ordered. I'll email Steve tonight and ask him to clarify which set they have in transit. I've been very happy with Bilsteins on other vehicles, but I may need to re-negotiate a price if I'm not getting the real spec-b parts.

KGreb, did they send you or did you see a picture of the part you ordered? If so post it and I think we could tell which ones your getting. I think I am going to go ahead and install the JDM GT Bilsteins, I will be the guinee pig on them and let people know the difference it makes over the USDM Suspension. If it doesn't do what I want then I can allways sell it, but from what I have been reading it should still be a big improvement over the USDM stock stuff.
I will be a guinea pig before you :p

It’s my understanding that the USDM GT spring is the same as the JDM i spring and the JDM GT spring will be a upgrade. I went this way because I didn’t want a jarring ride on the shaty Chicagoland streets. Im also going to run Pinks on the JDM GT strut. The only comparison I have is with the stock GT setup and the swift springs on the stock USDM GT strut (Boxers set up). Ill let everyone know the results Saturday night.

Cool rclark... definitely let us know. :)

Edit: Are you going to run the stock JDM GT springs for a while? Or straight to the Pinks?

I'm VERY intersted in a JDM GT setup, not Spec B, for the reasons Paul H. suggested. And $700 for that setup isn't bad...

I would like to try the straight JDM GT set up but it has already taken me 3 weeks to find time and someone to help me with them. Because of this im going straight to JDM GT with pinks. Unless me helper has lots on time and is a curious person ;)

I also have a line on a Spec B set up and its soooo tempting. I might buy it, try it then keep the one I like best selling the other.

I will also be selling the JDM GT springs (great upgrade for you i guys). Its my understanding that they are stiffer than the USMD GT springs but I have no numbers to back this up.

I wanted to post a correction - Steve at JDMPartsTX had my struts listed correctly. Sorry for any extra confusion this added to the thread. After looking up the stock prices, $700 is still an excellent deal. I should be getting JDM GT Bilsteins in a few weeks and will write up a review of them then.

Archived