LegacyGT.com

2008 Florida Subaru Challenge!

Opie

The original Subaru Challenge event lives! Thanks to some dedicated Subaru enthusiasts and the help of some local dealers there will once again be a Subaru Challenge event in Florida. Check out http://www.SubaruChallenge.com for more details. Additional information will be added as it becomes available. We welcome participants from all over the South East!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, figured I'd drop in to let everyone know how things are progressing...

• The date and location are set (Huge thanks to Sparks and the Buccaneer SCCA!).
  • Letters to potential Participating Dealers will be going out this week.

Things we still need to do:

• Find a host hotel/rate, etc.
  • Design and make arrangements for the awards.
  • Contact the Gainesville Raceway to see if we can afford a shade tent this year.

Things that we have confirmed that we WILL NOT have this year:

• Event Check-In/Reception on Friday night
  • Food or Beverages (lunch) at the event

I hope to have registration open by early August...

Please post any questions or ideas you have, just remember, this year we are operating on a much smaller budget than year's past!! There are no food/beverage stores very close to the event so pack you coolers and plan accordingly!

I am truly going to miss it:(:(

Any FL members that have not gone go........you will remember it for years & years to come;):):) All you ole crusty returning vets make sure you represent the LGT community well......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Sounds interesting... I do have a question though. Is this like an entire track made out of cones? I tried looking at the pictures of the previous events, but I can't seem to make out how big the course is.

Pardon the n00bness, but it's obvious I haven't done anything like this before lol

In Gainesville it uses a track type setting with cones arranged to be technical and keep the speeds reasonable (usually less than 45mph max). It is great fun behind the wheel...and registration is now open!

Last Year this driver was DS champ, must have been the spec B fairy dust. I urge you all to come out and play lord knows I need the competition, last year was a yawner for me at least. Come on out lets show the Imprezas that LGT's can kick their butts!

• 2 weeks later...
so what class are you running in? Do the stock LGT run in H-stock or D-stock? I forgot which one it was and also it seems that the car was recently placed into a different catagory. Also if I were to ahve the car tuned to the intake and the exhaust would it place me out of the stock class?

so what class are you running in? Do the stock LGT run in H-stock or D-stock? I forgot which one it was and also it seems that the car was recently placed into a different catagory. Also if I were to ahve the car tuned to the intake and the exhaust would it place me out of the stock class?

N/A Legacy - HS

Legacy GT- DS

If you have an intake that takes you out of stock, the exhaust as long as its a cat-back is ok in stock. You have to use the same diameter and width wheels with any rubber you can fit on them. Offset can be no more than 6mm off so +48 mm wheels are ok.

If You are not stock you can go to ESP or STU if you are modded big time them probably SM.

Enjoy!

yeah I just have a K&N panel filter and a borla cat back exhaust. I just recently purchased a set of 235 falekn rt-615s to go on the spec B wheels. thanks again for your help. if time allows I will be going to the Suby challenge. I just have to see since ill be fresh off of the grassroots challenge. if you guys wanna check out what im doing here is my blog. http://dirte30.blogspot.com/

yeah I just have a K&N panel filter and a borla cat back exhaust. I just recently purchased a set of 235 falekn rt-615s to go on the spec B wheels. thanks again for your help. if time allows I will be going to the Suby challenge. I just have to see since ill be fresh off of the grassroots challenge. if you guys wanna check out what im doing here is my blog. http://dirte30.blogspot.com/

Make that third...

The tuning puts you in SM or ESP

Archived