LegacyGT.com

Colorado Recommended Businesses

praedet

Wow! $140 is a great deal if quality of the glass is nice and it has the heating element. I can't believe Safelite quoted 311! I had my windshield replaced last summer and it cost just over $200 (with all new clips and molding.) Be sure to post the results!
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, my dad and I both got new windshields (both 05 LGTs) and yes it was $150 after tax for heated glass. So the guys shows up 2 hrs late on Friday and says that he thought it was just suppose to be a quote. Why the hell would I have you come out to quote me when I can call you and in 60 seconds have a price. He says he will be back at 10am on Sat to do the job. Two Hispanic guys show up at 11:15 and get to work. My dad and I were working on my garage door so we are right there the whole time. His install went ok. Mine, due to the huge crack, started to spiderweb on them getting lots of little pieces of glass all over my dash. I gave them a vacuum to do some clean up cause their idea was to half ass wipe it off. They also pulled the passenger side A-pillar trim off my car to get the old glass off. They get done and there is still a lot of glass pieces all over both of our cars, and my A-pillar has black glue spots on it from them taking off. FUCKERS!!!

I cleaned it myself cause I didn't want them touching my car anymore. It cleaned easy and most of the glue came off but still. I know I paid for the cheapest but still wasn't that impressed...especially with the clean up.

You get what you pay for bites me again!

For sure. Hit a car wash and test for leaks. Nothing worse than ice INSIDE the glass on a super crappy morning/day. :( Sorry to hear about the dogsh** installers.

Damn dude :lol:, hopefully it doesn't leak when it snows next...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am not to worried about leaking...from what I saw, they didn't go lightly on the glue!

Oh well. At least I have nice glass now, for another month till they start dropping sand on the roads!:spin:

Guess the best question would be: Knowing what you know now, with the bad service (or just plain stupidity) and lack of install quality, would you spend the $140 and go with them again? Or would you just go with a $200 install from Safelite?

I'm going to get a new one next week.

Guess the best question would be: Knowing what you know now, with the bad service (or just plain stupidity) and lack of install quality, would you spend the $140 and go with them again? Or would you just go with a $200 install from Safelite?

I'm going to get a new one next week.

I think im going to spend the extra $$ and go with someone else.

SubieBlkOut - sorry your experience was bad.

It just reinforces the fact that I have lost faith in humanity. lol

- Ben

SubieBlkOut - sorry your experience was bad.

It just reinforces the fact that I have lost faith in humanity. lol

- Ben

Haha. I've had some bad experiences going with cheaper pricing on certain things. Honestly, I wouldn't really think that a cheaper glass replacement company's quality and service would be all that different from higher priced places. I mean, the job isn't necessarily brain surgery. :confused:

- Ben

^ Said it all.

Just goes to show that people can make even simple jobs look very hard!:rolleyes: I think it has to do with inbreeding but that is just my guess...

How did you get a safelite quote for $200? They told me $311 plus tax.

• 4 weeks later...

On my Legacy, I had the West GO dealership in Golden do it (I'm sure they have someone else actually do the work). They did it cheaper than I could find at my usual installers, and looks 3x better than any other place I've seen. When I picked up the car, I thought they had forgotten to install it because I couldn't see any of the seams! I was extremely happy with the work (they also tinted my windows at the same time, so I probably got a discount based on that).

Does anyone know where I can get a good clear bra installed on my car around the Denver metro area

I paid $200 for clear bra (included hood, bumper, headlights, fog lights, and mirrors), and $200 for tint. For the other places I checked out, it was going to cost $250 for the clear bra, and $175 for the tint, so I saved $25 overall. I was a little concerned that the quality was going to be sub-par, but as I've said, I was really impressed.

Now you do have to watch where you go... we did my wife's Forester at the GO dealership off Arapahoe, and they charged us $400 and it looked like crap. :mad: We made them re-do the whole front bumper, and it's "good-enough" for the wife, but I still would have made them re-do it again if it was my car.

I paid quite a bit more BUT here is what I had done and mind you this is on an STI with all sorts of bumps and large surfaces.

I had the hood done all the way up to the scoop, the a-pillars, the door handles, the entire front bumper, the headlights, the tail lights (in red), then I had them do the entire rear fender flare. It all looks perfect and they really stand behind their work :).

I drove out there and waited with the car, they literally worked on it from open until close to get all my clear bra on.

• 1 month later...

Bump...where's a "good" place to get inspected in the Springs.

1. will notice that I have at least 1 cat

2. will respect my ride and know how to handle someone else's vehicle w respect.

thanks.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Bump...where's a "good" place to get inspected in the Springs.

1. will notice that I have at least 1 cat

2. will respect my ride and know how to handle someone else's vehicle w respect.

thanks.

1. You should just be hoping they don't notice your missing 2 cats (maybe only missing one with an 07, can't remember)

2. Good luck! They are stupid minimum wage kids....not much to be expected.

Good luck though.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend any body shops in Denver or surounding areas? I need to get a couple of quotes for a hit and run that happened a while back.

I have had work done on mine and friends cars at Bear Creek Auto Body and Hanks Auto Body South, both did really nice work and the few problems I did have with it they took care of right away. Bear Creek is at 285 Hampden and Kipling and Hanks is Kipling and Belleview

I am going to try Auto Glass & Windshield Authority tomorrow. They are coming out to my work and install it . Scott (the owner) is doing the install and was very knowledgeable.

Hopefully everything goes well. Price was lower than Safelite and Preferred Glass.

Lemme know how that goes and if the guy travels up this way. If he also window tints, that would be a huge plus. Need my Jeep fronts tinted.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I am going to try Auto Glass & Windshield Authority tomorrow. They are coming out to my work and install it . Scott (the owner) is doing the install and was very knowledgeable.

Hopefully everything goes well. Price was lower than Safelite and Preferred Glass.

The guy was awesome to deal with. He is a one man shop but I would not let that bother you.

He put in the same brand of glass that was in my car already (stock). He was able to save the molding around the windshield (new from dealer is $65).

He used to have a much larger windshield business but sold it, he had some dishonest guys working for him and got sick of it so he sold the business. He likes to work by himself so he can manage the quality (I like this a lot).

Total with tax and him coming to my work was $193.58 (this is with heater element)!! :cool:

I was quoted as high as $300 and as low as 250 before I found him. I will give it a week before I give the final judgment.

http://verticaltier.com/images/misc_posts/auto_glass_authority.jpg