LegacyGT.com

Creaking from the rear deck in cold - part of the ambience?

My rear deck creaks in the cold - is that part of the ambience of owning a ru - is it a problem I should bring to the dealer's attention - should I move to a warmer climate - or just rev higher to make more exaust noise to cover it?

Get the same thing...seems as if it the back glass altogether.

I'm not a dentist and I don't even play one on TV so don't make me pull teeth... but pull-eeeze oh wize killer of deer (although I prefer to just handle them like autocross cones and swerve - wouldn't want all those ticks on the ride) what will fix my creak?

Just go to the dealer, it's covered under warranty.. Otherwise you need an assortment of sticky-sided foam and the willingness to take your car apart. What you need to do should be obvious when you pull off the brakelight housing.

I had this happen on my old '96 legacy. It turned out to be ice between the trunk lid and the rubber seal. Open the trunk and clear it out, should make the creaking go away.

A strut bar might help too. (are they made for the '05s yet?)

Don't live where it is so damn cold?

Honestly, thermal expansion is a fact of life, and pretty much a law of physics.

Things are going to shrink, contract, and otherwise rattle at those temps. I am not sure that there is anything that can be done that won't negatively affect that same issue when it gets warmer...

But that is just me, maybe someone else out there has a better idea...

I was thinking it was my brake light housing as well but upon further investigation with someone else driving (how i gave up the keys ill never know) I found that it was the rear headliner, going to the dealership to see if theres anything they can do otherwise its more of the joyous 2 sided foam tape (aka Subie Duct Tape).
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived