LegacyGT.com

Hawk Race Pads

KNS Brakes

Hawk has released 2 compounds for the LGT front calipers.

Available in DTC70 and DTC60 compounds - retail $189 and $179 respectively.

Contact your favorite LGT vendor for more details.

DBA 4000 front rotors are coming back online - rear 4000's are now 'hard to get' for a couple weeks.

Finally! Though I think most LGT owners would have liked to have seen something inbetween the DTC and HP+ :( You really need R-compounds to use the DTC line.

In personal use, Ive found the DTC compounds to confuse the ABS system (at least in an E36 M3).

But if you are running Rcompounds, I definitely would look into DTC70/60. And we will be adding them to our site soon!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

• 2 months later...

DTC70 and PFC01 are definitely much more aggressive than XP10s.

Id say an XP16 would be closer.

Personally, the DTC70s made my ABS go crazy. They were kinda hard to modulate for me. The PFC01s are great, but rotor wear is more than XP16. XP16 dust also is non-corrosive.

YMMV

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Never tried DTC60. Tried the 70s and gave up. A lot of other club racers felt the same way so I wasnt alone.

Since rotors for my car are dirt cheap, I use the more abrasive PFC01s. If rotors were more costly, Id likely go with the XP16s.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

I was running HT-10's on street tires -

Not enough anymore - wore out too fast

So I plopped in some -70's

I am in no way considered good - but they were much more consistent. It was a bti grippy but the brakes were much easier to manage.

BTW- DTC60 = improved HT-10

DTC70 = improved HT-14/15

XP-10's are not in that group btw -

higher friction doesn't seem to be the goal so much amymore - more subtle things like the shape fo the torque curve, rotor wear, release etc......

I ate through a set of brand new XP8s last track weekend (7 to 8 20-30 minute sessions). I'm going to try XP10 or 12 for next month (may jump to 14 after reading all this).

I do like XP8 on the street...strong pad for the street; had XP8 but put on Bobcats and find they can fade some at times like when I'm doing successive 3rd gear pulls for tuning. Of course the 8s are a little noisy and dusty, but not a biggie to me.

Archived