LegacyGT.com

help with learning viewer please?

DrewLGT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I finally got an LC-1 installed but I'm having a hard time finding a serial to usb cable local. May have to get one from Radio Shack...($30 for a simple cable is crazy) So with RomRaider I guess this is where the constant high speed log comes into play then...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Well I finally got an LC-1 installed but I'm having a hard time finding a serial to usb cable local. May have to get one from Radio Shack...($30 for a simple cable is crazy) So with RomRaider I guess this is where the constant high speed log comes into play then...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10311

thx for the link..was at first trying to get it locally by me but that is a lost cause..

Just placed an order...real cheap prices...Any other way I can check Learning D in the interim with just Logworks and the LC-1?? Perhaps not right?

Sure thing -- of course I can't say for sure they'll work with the software, because who knows? Monoprice is where I normally pick up serial to USB adapters for our console laptops for systems management though. Local for odd items like that is almost always a lost cause, unfortunately.

thx for the link..was at first trying to get it locally by me but that is a lost cause..

Just placed an order...real cheap prices...Any other way I can check Learning D in the interim with just Logworks and the LC-1?? Perhaps not right?

Just monitor the AFR's under WOT and compare the AFR to that on your dyno sheet. If leaning out get out of the throttle.

Thx Infamous....I had logsworks running realtime today and pretty much all my WOT pulls had AFR down to 11.5 max. Part throttle cruising was around stoich (14.2-14.7).

After about 164 miles my Learning Viewer are as follows...

A/F Learning #1

0-<5.6 5.6-<10.00 10.00-<40.00 40.00+

5.5 0.10 -11.2 -6.4

WOT AFR no higher than :11.5

Idle AFR 14.5-14.7

FLKC only one load cell with -1.4 (4000-<4800rpms @ 1.6g+/sec. Everything else is 0.

Sorry for postling like this but I'm on a the job PC..

• 6 months later...

Hey, I need some help with LV. I am trying to use my ecutek cable. Anyway, I get the following error:

[10:05:37.3750000] Learning View version 0.4a

[10:06:27.2343750] op20pt32.dll not found in C:\WINDOWS\system32

[10:06:30.2968750] Opening COM3 failed: The process cannot access the port 'COM3' because it is being used by another process.

I tried to refresh the com port, but it nothing happens. On the drop down for the com port selection, it only gives "com 3" as an option - no others. Location of my cable says 0.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ecutek changes handshaking and I doubt LV could read an ecutek'd rom... and if it could it probably wouldn't be with an ecutek cable.

My tunes are now OS. I just don't have another cable, so trying to use my old ecutek cable.

goto Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager go down to COM ports. It should show a cable under one of the com ports, if the PC is not seeing a cable thats your problem. You need to reload the driver for the cable.

The ecutek cable can be seen under "usb serial bus controller" - I assume this is what you mean by "seeing" the cable" in device manager. The drivers were updated.

I noticed that my modem (which I never use) is "com 3" and if I change my modem to any other com, then LV lists that com only and I get the same error message with the new com port I selected for the modem. Again, refresh does not work either.

Sorry guys, I'm no cpu expert. Maybe I'm making a simple stupid mistake :confused: Thanks anyway.

If nothing other than COM3 appears in the list with the cable plugged in (and hitting refresh or plugging it in before starting LV), then you need to see if Ecutek has VCP drivers for their cable.

Will do, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

guys i need some help now. get this error says an error has occured check logs for details.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/mymax97/LVError.jpg

and then i click on view log

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/mymax97/log.jpg

Whats my error so this way I can finally get a LV sent to infamous to finish of the vf52 tune.

• 1 month later...
LV version 0.5a, released recently, was updated to also work with this new firmware (as well as any old versions).

Merch, have you heard of any updates on the ability to log with the microSD as far as when they may expect it to be ready? That would be really kick ass to just leave the dongle in place and log whenever you felt like it.

Merch, have you heard of any updates on the ability to log with the microSD as far as when they may expect it to be ready? That would be really kick ass to just leave the dongle in place and log whenever you felt like it.

Nope, haven't heard anything new.

Your issue was that you had the newest openport 2.0 firmware (changed with Ecuflash 1.41), which LV version 0.4a is not compatible with. LV version 0.5a, released recently, was updated to also work with this new firmware (as well as any old versions).

Any benefit to updating if you are still using the original non logging cable??

Archived