LegacyGT.com

Anyone see "You don't mess with the Zohan" this past weekend?

hutru01

Nuff said? Do explain. :confused:

Adam Sandler was good in the wedding singer but everything after that I feel was crap. Every movie he makes, his own personality overpowers every character he plays and ruins the movie. I find it annoying to watch, even the serious movies. Plus most of his movies have the same storyline and are very predictable. They are geared towards 10 year olds or 'srgdrum' or the like.

Even Jim Carrey’s movies are getting annoying to watch because of the same issue. Anyway just my opinion and I wasn’t going to share because I know most posters on this site are just like 'srgdrum' who is a bogey and hates anyone who doesn’t think and act like he does.

Adam Sandler was good in the wedding singer but everything after that I feel was crap. Every movie he makes, his own personality overpowers every character he plays and ruins the movie. I find it annoying to watch, even the serious movies. Plus most of his movies have the same storyline and are very predictable. They are geared towards 10 year olds or 'srgdrum' or the like.

Even Jim Carrey’s movies are getting annoying to watch because of the same issue. Anyway just my opinion and I wasn’t going to share because I know most posters on this site are just like 'srgdrum' who is a bogey and hates anyone who doesn’t think and act like he does.

While I respect your opinion, I must disagree that 10 year olds would be the captive audience for this particular movie. This movie actually contained quite a bit of adult humor that most kids would have never understood. While it did take on some "Borat" tendencies, it brought out many laughs for me. Before you judge this movie, you should see it first.

By no means will this movie go down as a favorite, but it was very funny.

On the subject of Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey movies, these are movies meant for entertainment and amusement, not to be taken seriously. Slapstick humor is what it is.

It was mildly humorous, but no Adam Sandler movie should ever be 2 hours long.

The whole "we should not be fighting because we're in 'merica" theme felt tacked on at the end, just contributing to overall length.

It was mildly humorous, but no Adam Sandler movie should ever be 2 hours long.

The whole "we should not be fighting because we're in 'merica" theme felt tacked on at the end, just contributing to overall length.

I can definitely agree that is was dragged out.

Get over yourself! Loosen up and laugh! Happy Gilmore was crap too right? Bogey?! :lol:

i feel exactly the same way, except towards will ferrell. i don't find him funny at all, acts exactly the same in every one of his movies and i couldn't even bother to finish talladega nights.

both adam sandler and jim carrey are two of my favorite comedic actors. mostly in their early works like sandler's billy madison and carrey's ace ventura movies.

my $.02

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I'll probably see zohan this weekend. I'm not expecting it to be a critically acclaimed oscar-fest. Movies are made to entertain, and that's why I watch them.

srgdrum, what kind guns are those on your avatar? Looks like m16's but "modified" to show the magazines clearly.

I'll probably see zohan this weekend. I'm not expecting it to be a critically acclaimed oscar-fest. Movies are made to entertain, and that's why I watch them.

srgdrum, what kind guns are those on your avatar? Looks like m16's but "modified" to show the magazines clearly.

I really don't know. I was a drummer in an Iron Maiden tribute band and that's my kick drum head. It's one of their logos. I made that out of a sheet of white sticker vinyl and an x-acto knife. It was a Beee-yotch!

The movie was funny. I like to laugh. Plenty of raunchy (and somwhat uncomfortable) humor in that. I say enjoy!

That movie was hysterical. While it was quite dumb of course, it had a nice mix of political humor and sexual innuendo. :lol:

If you haven't seen yet, I definitely think its worth seeing. ;)

So that's what they're calling blatant adult situations and sexual content... I fell asleep a couple of times, mostly from being tired, and I'm sure I missed the really bad parts, but would not go back to see what I possibly missed. I give it a thumb's down. I thought the only truly funny part of it was the political "humor".

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well, I decided to see it today. Well, yesterday. At the end of the movie I didn't feel like a better person, didn't feel smarter, and I didn't want to change my life in some way; but I DID laugh my ass off. I've had my life immersed in Arab culture for the past year or so, and there were a few jabs at it that made me crack up.

Entertaining.

Archived