LegacyGT.com

Thank You Casey Subaru of Newport News...

...for screwing up my car. Ever since I had the 30K mile maintenance done, the temp. gauge skyrockets while sitting at idle for more than 5-10 mins. I don't know what the hell they did, but I am going up there tomorrow to rant. This happened right after I left the dealership. I drove straight back. He said there was an air bubble in the radiator. I accepted that answer for some reason. I was sitting at a drive thru today, and I noticed the temp. gauge in the red. This has happened three times now, and I am really getting pissed off. I have to ruin my day tomorrow by sitting at that stupid dealership waiting for them to tell me they don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this same problem? Any ideas of what I should tell them when I get up there? I am willing to say anything...:soap_box:

Also, the air conditioner doesn't get anywhere near as cold as it did before the maintenance. What a bunch of pricks.

did you try burping the radiator your self? its easy

1) With the car cooled completey down take off the radiator cap

2) start the car and let it idle

3) watch for bubbles rising out of radiator or a slight drop in coolant

4) once it stops releasing bubbles put the cap back on tightly, turn off car or go for a drive to test it.

actually i did try it last night, i didn't notice any problems today when i left the car at idle for 10-15 minutes. I saw bubbles though, tiny ones, but they were still bubbles. I don't know how much of an impact that might have had though.

• 4 months later...

Yeah Casey blows.When I went there to get my ATF the parts guy gave me a bottle of Dex3.I told him that it wasn't the correct fluid.Then they got their Subie "Master Tech" a guy named Doc Watson...he came to the counter and said..."this will work fine for Subarus.This is all we use."

So if they did a trans flush they probably put the wrong fluid in there.I'm assuming that used the wrong coolant as well.But it sounds like it does have air in the system.

Last time I took my car there,when I picked it up it was in the same spot,same mileage.If I where you I'd check everything on that list for the 30K and make sure it was done....then,never go there again.

• 2 weeks later...
Same thing happened with my WRX also at the 30k service. Dealerships should be avoided at all cost.

Except for only the free stuff right or anything that will benefit you.:lol:

Sorry, not all dealers are bad. They are only as good as those that work for them. I have heard great reviews from their parts section.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

They didn't stock an oil or airfilter for my car.

I agree, they should have that in stock. I also understand we are far from a perfect world and that they could have ran out and were waiting for the weekly shipment. There is a possibility that a parts place can run out.

And I had to get the VIN for him to look for it.

Yes, that is how most dealers parts systems are. There are too many parts that can be put on the same car. Many time a different part is used because something was changed in mid production. The Vin accurately gets them to bring up the right part in the system. Would you rather buy the wrong part if they didn't have that system? Hardly anything to get that upset over:lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

^ You would think a drop down menu ie: 2007. Outback. 4 or 6. turbo or non. would produce less errors then a 16 digit vin.

I don't know, I am not in the parts business. Then again, maybe it was the user.

You get a little upset if happens 5-6 times.

After the 2nd time, I would either call first to see if it's in stock or order it from them before going in to them, or order it online.

You get a little upset if happens 5-6 times.

I agree.

When I get parts from the dealer (barely ever, half the price online, easier people to deal with as well) If I don't have the part #, I always bring in my reg. or my insurance card with the VIN on it, because it just makes looking up the parts that much easier for the parts guy.

If you have a part #, there should be no need to use a VIN though.

Have you guys gone to Perry Subaru? I believe their parts guy posts here. I know he does on Nasioc. Maybe you will have better luck with him.

I had this same problem with a previous car. Temps would go far into the red when I was idling. Burping the radiator / cooling system fixed this as well.

Wow I totally lost track of this thread. Anyways, they finally figured out that the cooling fan relay was bad and replaced it at no cost. This seems to happen a lot according to other Subie enthusiasts. Anyways, with this being my first car and all, I have a lot to learn.

Lesson #1 - Second guess the almighty dealership.

I'm heading over to Perry Subaru from now on. They have two locations, correct? Norfolk and Va Beach?

Perry is in Norfolk.

RK Subaru is in Va Beach.

Archived