LegacyGT.com

need help

i need help with my 97 subaru legacy 2.5 gt, i just change the engine because, when i bought it the guy burn both head gaskets, well the engine that i put is from japan, and i live in oregon, i change the radiator and thermostat, and my car is overheating i found a lower temp thermostat do you think that the thermostat is the problem?

You can try it, but we don't see them go bad that often. Many times it is the h/g's.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

The fans won't turn on right when you start up the car. When the thermostat opens, the fans will turn on. A good way to test the fans is turn on the AC, if the fans turn on, your fans are fine. The fans also turn off at 45mph.

Ummm... take it to the dealer, have them run a blown head gasket test? That is about as much help as I can do.

finally i went to the subaru dealer and they said that problably is the fans relay or the temp sensor, but most sure is the relay and i dont know where it is, they said is under the diver side dash but i couldnt see it

Archived