LegacyGT.com

07' Outback XT new wheels,tires,susp

Jgray

I recently stepped it up and installed MR Coilovers, Rallitek FSB, RSB, 18" Tarmac 3s with 245/45ZR18 BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport.

It is now a blast to drive. What a difference!

IMG00008.thumb.jpg.6f932cbf55eafaf8606cdfb62fc8f1ef.jpg

IMG00011.thumb.jpg.5133ea9e44f03c60e9878f6c769e27f3.jpg

Cha-Ching!!Wish wish mod for me.Did you do the mods all at once or tires,susp....etc?Curious, cause all I care about is suspension and tires for next mod.Horsepower has been shelved.I like the GC on the OBXT but the handling and bumpsteer is making me fricken nuts.

Also anyone running a 18" SpecB style rim on an OB?

Thanks for compliments. I put the MR coilovers on first. They were installed by Paul (Boostjunkie) and the guys over at their shop in Santa Clarita, CA. They did a great job and are very reasonably priced. I plan on going back there at a later date (when I have the extra funds) to have them install a MR downpipe and tune the engine up on the dyno. Paul said that I should be able to get about 300hp and maybe even a little more than 300lbs of torque.

The next day I installed the FSB and RSB myself and finally a few days later I had the wheels & tires put on. It drives very smooth and is just as quiet as before. I haven't played around with the dampening dials yet (they are set for the tightest ride). I definitely feel it more when I hit a small pothole but driving in the canyons, or coming on freeway on-ramps etc., it now grips and holds the turns like the car is on rails. It drives very smooth and is just as quiet as before. There is no more of the annoying body roll and tires screeching an every turn at speed. It now handles more like the tuned up Audi A6 sedan I had been driving the last few years but even better.

The good thing with MR coilovers is that there are fully adjustable. You can keep the stock OB ride height if you prefer but since I haven't taken the car off-road at all I prefer the lower stance (but not slammed) for handling purposes. The wheels and tires also made a huge difference as well, especially dumping the stock tires!

^ I was just wondering if that was lowest you can go with the MR coilovers?

I think it looks great the way it is, but was just wondering how it would look completely dropped without any wheel gap. I am sure that would make for a PITA with some driveways and entrances though....

Thanks for compliments. I put the MR coilovers on first. They were installed by Paul (Boostjunkie) and the guys over at their shop in Santa Clarita, CA. They did a great job and are very reasonably priced. I plan on going back there at a later date (when I have the extra funds) to have them install a MR downpipe and tune the engine up on the dyno. Paul said that I should be able to get about 300hp and maybe even a little more than 300lbs of torque.

The next day I installed the FSB and RSB myself and finally a few days later I had the wheels & tires put on. It drives very smooth and is just as quiet as before. I haven't played around with the dampening dials yet (they are set for the tightest ride). I definitely feel it more when I hit a small pothole but driving in the canyons, or coming on freeway on-ramps etc., it now grips and holds the turns like the car is on rails. It drives very smooth and is just as quiet as before. There is no more of the annoying body roll and tires screeching an every turn at speed. It now handles more like the tuned up Audi A6 sedan I had been driving the last few years but even better.

The good thing with MR coilovers is that there are fully adjustable. You can keep the stock OB ride height if you prefer but since I haven't taken the car off-road at all I prefer the lower stance (but not slammed) for handling purposes. The wheels and tires also made a huge difference as well, especially dumping the stock tires!

In your pic, how low did you drop it from the stock OB height?

I don't know the exact inches but I can just barely fit two fingers in the wheel gap. When I first had it installed the back was a little lower than the front so I went back to the shop and in about 15 minutes they adjusted up about a 1/2".

Archived