LegacyGT.com

Looking for a 05 LGT, just some random questions

I have been lurking this forum for the last few weeks and feel like I've read up enough to begin askin some questions.

I currently drive a 92 accord EX. After 3-4 yrs of owning it and over 4 grand in modifications I'm bored with it. I only got the car for going to school in arizona because it had ice cold a/c. I've long since finished school and I'm ready for something new.

I never was one for obscene power, but the only mods left for me to do, I just cant justify for the cost. A h22 motor swap, or build the internals of the f22 motor I have. I have done all the work on the car myself. I'm a diy kinda guy. I cant stand having someone else's dirty hands on my car. I love hondas and I always will. I planned on buying an 95 EG hatchback w/b18 gsr motor that was built, chipped and tuned 185hp at the wheels. It was my buddies, but he sold it already, he was holding it for me. But after installing an alarm into a customers 05 LGT and a quick test drive in the parking lot (with her permission of course) I was hooked! I told him to go ahead and get rid of it because I want awd+turbo... that is pure unadulterated fun!

I'm in love with the LGT and plan to get one after november (after some tickets clear off my record, stupid CHiPs).

A few questions I have:

1. I am trading in my current indash screen at work for a pioneer avid d3 (its only a 100 with my trade in). After browsing mulitple forums and countless websites I have found a double din conversion kit and a relocation kit for the clock/info display in place of the factory nav location. Has anyone on here used either of these? If so does anyone have pics of links to ones who have? Any common problems with them?

2. Suspension upgrades. Is it ok to run just lowering spring without changing out the struts? A simple yes or no is ok. I know on hondas they ride horrible on stock struts, I am not sure on subarus.

3. Anyone on here have any crazy audio setups? I am an installer and I'm very interested to see what anyone has done.

Please save any critism on hondas for yourself, and if your going to tell me to search dont bother, I have and I have not found the answers to my questions thus far. I'm a forum veteran, I know my way around and I know how to use a search tool.

I'm new to subarus and I can not wait to get one. Thank you in advance for any and all help or links.

Drew

Ah, here come the young'ins. Welcome.

Read these...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5941

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61108

Don't dabble with audio.

For lowering springs. Yes you can get some without swapping out struts. Cobb, Tein, Ion, Swift to name a few. For a better ride stay with ones close to the stock spring rate. With any your are reducing suspension travel and increasing spring rate. Don't expect a plush ride, but it will not be too harsh. Body roll and front end dip and rear end dive will be greatly reduced. Your best bet is to swap out both struts and springs if your looking for a better match.

http://subiwiki.com/wiki/index.php/BL_%282005-2009%29#Handling_Modifications

Please save any critism on hondas for yourself, and if your going to tell me to search dont bother, I have and I have not found the answers to my questions thus far. I'm a forum veteran, I know my way around and I know how to use a search tool.

Maybe your search button is broken. :lol:

Tons of info in the suspension forum.

Don't dabble with audio.

[/url]

Unfortunately i don't think he'll be able to stand the horrific stock stereo if he's used to having an aftermarket system. I thought we could live with it but it was unbearable.

1 - i just wanted to know if its ok to run them. Thanks for the links and the attitude ;)

2 - I'm not intending on a super crazy audio setup. But I am an installer and I have done crazy installs on all kinds of cars. Ferrari's, Lambo's, many a WRX. Full custom fiberglass trunks. I've already looked into the audio stuff. I know it will be a p.i.t.a. to get around the factory system. But I can fab whatever I cant buy. Wiring may be a headache for some. But I will be able to handle it, I'm a big boy lol

Just cuz I'm young doesnt mean anything. You should judge someones experience based on their age. I am new to subaru's so I understand what your saying. On the honda forum I was on for my accord I was the go to guy for audio/electrical questions.

I intend on doing full coilovers, I'm not a ricer. I dont chop or cut springs. Every part in my honda was the best you could get. Tein SS coilovers. VIS CF hood. JDM parts. Swapped intake manifold, runners tb and plenum off a larger honda motor. I did all my work myself and everything worked correctly! lol

And IMO. Stock sucks. If stock was totally up to par, there wouldnt be a need for an aftermarket. I intend on putting in an avic d3 w/nav, sirius sat, ipod. I will customize the stock radio peice to remove it and possibly put gauges there if possible (assuming the cc are not intergrated with the stereo). I will also be throwing in component (some may call "seperates" :lol: ) in the fronts and running a mid-woofer in the rears. They will be powered by a alpine pdx 4ch amplifier and I will be running a rockford fosgate 360 signal processor. I also plan on running either a single 12" or 15" on a rockford 1000w or alpine pdx 1000 amp in a fiberglass box in the spare tire hub. That will be removable and will be setup to maintain the spare tire (and for track days or autox eventually). I plan to have all the amps and the signal processor setup for quick release.

I appreciate all the help guys and look forward to bein a LGT owner and forum buddies. Thanks again for all your help today and in the future.

I haven't done any audio work, but I must be getting old because I find the stock system sufficient without jacking the EQ settings (-1 Bass is all). However, I plan on installing the factory sub and although I don't expect much below 80-100Hz from it, I think it should fill in the lower end and let me push the mid and treble a bit higher.

I would like to hardwire in an AUX in to the tuner pre-amp output, but the 6-disc does a good job keeping me entertained, so I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it.

As far as suspension goes, there are a lot of options. It is possible to run aftermarket springs on stock struts, but it's recommended that you pair them with stiffer struts to enhance performance, comfort, safety and reliability. You don't need to go full C/O's, but do some research and decide for yourself. :)

Welcome!

The stereo is integrated with the climate control on all LGTs AFAIK. A few lunatics have hacked it apart with varying degrees of success.

VTEC just kicked in yo !!!

:lol::lol::lol:

We all know Honda put the V-Tech in it's cars to make up for the 500lbs of rediculous subwoofers ricers like to put in their cars.

Granted.... I had 2 Cerwin Vega series 3 stealths with a HUGE amp once.

In High school when it was cool to wake your neighbors up at 2 in the morning :lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

ok so I drove a honda... that was NON VTEC thank you!

And making it a thump thump as you say is my career. and no i wont pick a different car. And if you didnt notice im upgrading the entire sound system because I like to hear good music while I drive and have it sound good. I listen to every type of music.

You guys sure do judge people a LOT. I've never felt so welcome, yet so hated at the same time.

I garuntee if you ever get into my car once the system is finished you will love it. It will thump thump. My system in my honda was for SPL (metered at 124.7dB). The next system I'm going for over all quality and sound staging. I use my personal vehicles as guinea pigs for my work. I havent designed a SQ system for a long time because most people wont pay for it. But since I get everything dirt cheap it doesnt make sense not to. The signal processor I'm buying retails for 600-700.. I'm getting it for 100. For a grand I could install a system that would cost most 3000.

The signal processor I'm installing has been used in many members on this site so far. Theres a thread in the audio forum on it. 6ch, 32-band EQ per channel. Digital time alignment in 2 milisecond increments. Pure audio sex :lol:

I enjoy having bass with my midrange and highs. I have listened to the stock system and I will not lie it sounds fantastic for stock. But like I said stock sucks and it just does not cut it for me. To each his own like I always say.

I'm beyond high school, and I didnt even get my license til I was almost 19 because I was lazy. So that wasnt me you heard. Plus I'm respectful of others. I dont bang my system at 2am... if I'm even out that late anymore, I can barely make it to midnight most nights.

I'm a stickler for having quality parts and I intend on buying the LGT to own for a very long time. Every modification I do will garuntee to get positive response.

The stereo is integrated with the climate control on all LGTs AFAIK. A few lunatics have hacked it apart with varying degrees of success.

I will have to look into that more. I'm interested to see exactly how it integrates once I get mine. Maybe I will be able to figure out a way to bypass it with full success.

ok so I drove a honda... that was NON VTEC thank you!

And making it a thump thump as you say is my career. and no i wont pick a different car. And if you didnt notice im upgrading the entire sound system because I like to hear good music while I drive and have it sound good. I listen to every type of music.

You guys sure do judge people a LOT. I've never felt so welcome, yet so hated at the same time.

Your choice of music is wholly subjective :p

It just seems pointless to me to add weight to an LGT.

Granted, if your plans are to enhance the sound, more power to you.

I enhanced the sound to my Legacy too. It's called trading it for an Audi with the BOSE symphony with 9 speakers/2 SD slots and 8 inch LCD. :lol:

Anywho, you should feel welcome as long you don't drive by my house with your subs pumping at 2am.

since when were we the mod police around here? people have done crazier stuff to there lgt than upgrade the sound system. besides, if you are driving a Audi now, your opinion doesn't count!:p
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

since when were we the mod police around here? people have done crazier stuff to there lgt than upgrade the sound system. besides, if you are driving a Audi now, your opinion doesn't count!:p

:lol: like anyones opinion counts on the internet :lol:

HAHAHA you guys are great I feel at home already here.

My musical taste ranges from... well... everything. Literally. Classical, Jazz, Death metal, Classic rock, punk rock, gangsta rap, old school hip hop.

NO TECHNO!

One song may be bjork, the next could be beethoven. The next could be King Diamond.

I fully intend on having all the equipment readily removable. I'm not goin nuts with dynamat his time either. My hondas got 120sq ft approximately. It rides so quiet, except for my exhaust.

I say MORE POWER TO YOU Ur Done SRH......You obviously know what you want and you've got the ways and means to mod both the sound system and the car. GO FOR IT and enjoy the results......Keep us posted......

Thanks! Ball bustin is all well and fun as long as no one goes home crying. You guys are a lot more welcoming than most of the other legacy forums I've checked out. The other ones just called me a ricer right off the bat.

And thanks ben, I do know what I want... performance! I want the LGT because when it was stock it put a smile on my face. My honda only did after a few grand in parts. I'm tired of driving a 15+ yr old car anyway.

You will need new strut after a while. You might also want to look into coil overs.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Thanks! Ball bustin is all well and fun as long as no one goes home crying. You guys are a lot more welcoming than most of the other legacy forums I've checked out. The other ones just called me a ricer right off the bat.

And thanks ben, I do know what I want... performance! I want the LGT because when it was stock it put a smile on my face. My honda only did after a few grand in parts. I'm tired of driving a 15+ yr old car anyway.

The LGT community seems a little more grown up and mature.... arguably :lol:. Think our choice in cars also says a little something about personality and maturity level.

Members will certainly flame you ... but certainly a friendly forum all in all.

Good luck in your search.

Keep us updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived