LegacyGT.com

Hyper Black Rims...Black or Chrome Lugs?

HansGT

Soon to arrive....Rota Torque (Hyper Black) w/ hyper black center caps.

Going to pick up some Mcgard lugs. I've seen pics of both. Dunno which I like best. Chrome ones are about $10-15 cheaper.

Which do you like? (remember hyper black caps to "match" rims)

2021_2.JPG.jpg.e2c810ef3f2d20cfdd8cd9371c0c8f2d.jpg

1713_3.jpg.f03d1ad1a8127c20d95a906cec0dbbb5.jpg

Match the lugs and wheels.

Chrome might stand out too much.

Impossible to match. In the sunlight hyper black look almost chrome. In the shade they look like black or gunmetal.

Once you go black, you never go back.

However- I have a sweet set of 1 month old chrome McGard spline drives with matching spline locks. Both keys included.

I could sell them to you half price- $50.00.

I got them for my wheels but went even more JDM and bought a set of Advan lugs. Hence the McGards are for sale.

Interesting, no chrome votes yet. Surprised, the pics with chrome ones don't look bad at all. Maybe its just one of those things that you have to be there to get it. I know pics of hyperblack don't do it justice.

One more thing. How important is it to get a set with locks? Given the lugs have a specific key anyway...are locks really needed?

Interesting, no chrome votes yet. Surprised, the pics with chrome ones don't look bad at all. Maybe its just one of those things that you have to be there to get it. I know pics of hyperblack don't do it justice.

One more thing. How important is it to get a set with locks? Given the lugs have a specific key anyway...are locks really needed?

The more cautious the better. Most theives know what they are doing, otherwise they would be in jail. ;)

Hyperblack looks so much better in person. It is by far my favorite color of rims.

I'd say locks aren't really needed. If a thief wants your wheels, he can get your wheels. Locks offer negligible protection because most tools that can take off irregular lug nuts can also grip and take off locks as well.

If you go black, then you have to remove them by hand? I work at a local tire shop here in Indy & they are a PAIN in the ass. But, do what ya want. I personally hate chrome so go black. But, if ya have your car worked on, make sure to tell them to be careful!

green. Its my new favorite color. Must be because its spring/summer.

I have black though.

Someone say green lugs?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/jon3kgt/newpics019.jpg

Yep!

If you go black, then you have to remove them by hand? I work at a local tire shop here in Indy & they are a PAIN in the ass. But, do what ya want. I personally hate chrome so go black. But, if ya have your car worked on, make sure to tell them to be careful!

I'd go black! the black finish on the McGard lugs is very durable I havn't chipped one yet and thats using an impact on them too...

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, when I get my wheels and tires put on, I think I am just going to have them put the lugs that come with the Rota SDR's I'm getting, then put my Black McGuard Spline Drives on when I get home. That way I don't have to worry about them using an impact gun.

Archived