LegacyGT.com

Debadge dilema...

I just debadged my car and everything turned out pretty good. I got all the glue off and the Legacy 2.5 GT is invisible but the Subaru is still there. Now i cleaned the crap out of it and waxed etc etc but its still there.

The issue is (im not a paint expert) that it appear to be as if the clearcoat is gone because there is still paint underneath. Should i continue to was or polish it in hopes it blends or should i resort to a rubbing compound or worse new paint/clear coat??

Mine is the same way. I can only see the "subaru" or "legacy" in the right light at certain angles. I'm going to hand buff it with some cheap turtle wax polishing compound and see where that goes. Don't go with rubbing compound right off the bat as it's alot more aggressive than the polishing stuff.

A little at a time, you know.

YMMV

I debadged my 05 last year and it took a while to really get truly clean around the edges of where the letters were. More recently I learned the magic of the clay bar... try one.

Then wash/clay the whole car and follow up with a sealant like NXT or the one from Wolfgang (I forgot the name).

I've only used clay bar and NXT wax/sealant. I'll double check that the ghosting is truly 100% gone when I get the car in the sun today, but I don't think there is any need to use abrasives.

i used a bunch of goo gone originally and it go most of the adhesive off but it still says subaru so i still have to pick up the clay bar. im going to try the clay bar first with a polish and wax. if i dont like the results im going to step up to a compound.

on all cars that need it.

especially used/ trade-in cars that need the old dealer's sticker/ badge removed.

sometime the new ones, coming off the trailer, that are wrapped in plastic.

Archived