LegacyGT.com

Little help??? bought an intake

Guest adam07specB

Guest adam07specB

Hey everybody...

i just got a perrin inlet pipe and intake and was wondering if i needed to tune the ECU or can i just put it on for now?

I plan to do an exhaust and a tune however i need to finish buying a house so i wanted to just put the intake on..

I have a 2007 legacy spec.B

any info would be most helpful.

the Intake may cause you to run lean or run rich, each intake is different no matter what the manufacterer says, at this point there is Cobb, AVO, K&N, WBR, and the CAI(i forgot the manufacterer), im assuming thats all of them. All of these intakes are entirely different then the OEM intake+filter+rest of the pieces that make the OEM intake.

And since an aftermarket intake is by design dfferent then the OEM intake therefore you might have your engine start knocking, or pull timing, oreven cause a loss in boost.

My factual experience with an aftermarket intake: AVO Intake, ran it for a month w/o tune. didnt notice anything "bad" happeneing, except he intake would have alot of fluttering throughout different RPMs,and different amounts of pressure on the accelelerator. I did see full boost, and i was running a TDC stage 2+ map for catless Turboback, Uppipe, and FMIC.

Don't think there is a huge difference between AVO and Perrin panel filters. Have seen members rant about both.

I was running a Perrin panel filter and it worked well for me. Also purchased the Perrin AFTA MAF hose. Have since replaced both.

My opinion on the MAF hose is to save your money unless you are planning doing additional engine mods.

Just my .02

Archived