LegacyGT.com

New owner!

(Dr. Nick) Hey Everybodyyyyy!

Anyhow, I currently own an 06 STi. Love it to death. I was going to buy a spec B LGT, but wanted more performance.

Anyhow, me and my GF are going to be having a child and she needed a new car. The 1994 Nissan Sentra with 180k+ miles will not cut it when she is taking around our new kid. So we decided to get a new car.

She only wanted to see the Honda Accord and the Subaru Legacy 2.5i (she doesn't like the hoodscoop + doesn't need the power/gas guzzling).

Turns out the new '08 Accord is extremely nice and big, but she doesn't like the styling. "Score for me!" is what I was thinking the whole time.

So we get to Subaru of San Bernardino and lo' and behold, there is a Legacy 2.5i SE in the color she wants (Harvest Gold Metallic). We talk to the salesman inside and go out for a test drive. While the salesman was getting the keys, we saw the new Forester in the showroom and decided to test drive that also.

Both cars were great and we decided to get the Leg instead because we do not need that much room for 1 kid.

I am surprised how torque-y it feels from a dig for a N/A 2.5. Other cars don't feel as torque powerful as this. I know it's not very fast, but our purchase wasn't intended for that. Now I have 2 buddies with LGT's so I am accustomed to the interior and look and such.

Any how thats my rant for the day. Now I get to be on legacyGT.com more often now! I'll post pics later :)

Hi Dr. Nick!

I'm assuming since GF is having a kid you got an auto. I know that my MT is surprisingly torquey in 1st gear for lacking a turbo. I love it. Anyway, both of my Legacies (1 MT and 1 AT) always got me better than EPA estimated gas mileage. Definately worthwhile in this world of rising fuel prices.

Hi Dr. Nick!

I'm assuming since GF is having a kid you got an auto. I know that my MT is surprisingly torquey in 1st gear for lacking a turbo. I love it. Anyway, both of my Legacies (1 MT and 1 AT) always got me better than EPA estimated gas mileage. Definately worthwhile in this world of rising fuel prices.

Yeah we did get the 4EAT. She knows how to drive stick, but it's much easier esp. w/ a kid. Driving the Legacy is kinda like a small vacation from driving the STi :p.

Although I was hoping there would be a 5EAT, but eh, whatever.

Keeping the subies in the family love it.

Oh yeah! I'm glad she got the Subie everyday. I love seeing 2 of them in the driveway! Next year I will be looking for another Subie as a project car. Hopefully a nice GC8 or L would do.

Archived