LegacyGT.com

Is there any way to go stage 2 without.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Thanks for clarifing, its been so long since I have had a stock LGT, I honestly couldn't remember whether it was one or two.

ROFL... No worries... I did a ton of research before I started modding mine, so I still have the stuff locked away upstairs. lol

And I only wish I could have the mods you do and be able to say that I hardly remember stock :) lol

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

So i don't have to the the resistor mod with the sti UP right? thanks for the help guys

pretty sure you'll need to do the resistor mod if you remove the egt probe (like if you use the STi up, or any aftermarket pipe). it takes all of 2 minutes and costs $1 though. not a big deal at all.

Gut both the up/dp get a open source tune and you have gone stage 2 with 100 dollars in mods and have the ability to gain a good 50hp

This is what I'd recommend. Do a little research, you just need a $90 cable, laptop and can get a e-map for maybe $50. A road-tune would be better if you got subbie tuners in your area that tune opensource. If you want to add a little bling and rumble slap on a SPT exhaust as it doesn't effect your warranty. However it won't nearly effect your performance as much as gutting the up/down pipe and is on the expensive side. Another thing that you can do is replace your factory air filter with a high-flowing filter.

pretty sure you'll need to do the resistor mod if you remove the egt probe (like if you use the STi up, or any aftermarket pipe). it takes all of 2 minutes and costs $1 though. not a big deal at all.

Yes, you'll need to do the resistor mod if you use an STi UP or any after market UP.

Although, COBB may make one with a spot for the EGT probe.

Yes, there are 2 cats in the exhaust behind the turbo. One in the down pipe and one in the mid pipe. The one folks are talking about gutting is the one in the DP closest to the turbo.

ok so bear with me here i just got off a work and hadnt had my coffee yet...the "resistor mod" is the egt probe correct? and would i need this going stage 2 with a cobb AP? ordered mine last week.

ok so bear with me here i just got off a work and hadnt had my coffee yet...the "resistor mod" is the egt probe correct? and would i need this going stage 2 with a cobb AP? ordered mine last week.

planning on a sti up and gutted dp to attempt to fool the dealers btw

You don't NEED it with an AP as the AP will clear any error codes that come up as a result but if you remove the AP for service you may throw a code with out the resistor mod. It's quite cheap and easy (so I've read) so it seems strange NOT to do it.

Of course as someone said, the dealership may think something's fishy if they see that probe not attached to the UP.

You don't NEED it with an AP as the AP will clear any error codes that come up as a result but if you remove the AP for service you may throw a code with out the resistor mod. It's quite cheap and easy (so I've read) so it seems strange NOT to do it.

Of course as someone said, the dealership may think something's fishy if they see that probe not attached to the UP.

the cobb maps do not disable the CEL for the egt delete, because cobb stage 2 doesnt include an up pipe.

so you'll need to do the resistor mod regardless...

The cobb maps by themselves may not clear the CEL for the EGT delete, but the AP can read and clear CEL codes. So while it may take another step, 2 more button presses, if you don't have an EGT in you UP, then you can still clear the code.

:lol::lol::lol:

Unless you have a cool dealer, no.

Basically stage 2 is better exhaust overall, downpipe and more.

What you could do, is go stage 2, and then everytime you take it in to have anything done - ANYTHING - take everything out of the car and put it all back in when you get it back. It'd be fun. In a year or so, you'd prolly be the fastest downpipe installer in the world.

lol

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/

Or you can just let it run with the code, I don't think it'll throw it into limp mode or retard the timing.

only the 08's will retard the car to limp mode. all other years it's business as usual.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

so your saying the new 08 sti parts will fit on my 05 lgt? hows that possible?

NO. again, SEARCH. this has already been gone over in many threads. :rolleyes:

08 STI DP will fit on 05+ LGT MT only.

uppipes are all the same fitment. exhaust (CBE) is different, suspension is different, hubs/wheels are different, turbo and intercooler are different, intake manifold is different, fuel pump is different, brakes are different, etc.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

A little OT, but just want to clarify…

If at Stage 1 (AP only) and car is to go to dealer for service, resetting stock map un-marrying the AP will leave the Stage 1 undetected by the dealer.

Is this correct?

A little OT, but just want to clarify…

If at Stage 1 (AP only) and car is to go to dealer for service, resetting stock map un-marrying the AP will leave the Stage 1 undetected by the dealer.

Is this correct?

if they had reason to check, they could see that the ecu had been flashed. But more than likely they wouldn't check.

Archived