LegacyGT.com

Is there any way to go stage 2 without.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a gutted downpipe and an STi uppipe shouldnt throw any red flags at the dealer. u can even unmarry your AP before you go in.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

The dealership will never know that you gutted your downpipe and put in the sti/bosal uppipe. Anytime you need to take it in, just flash to stock.

What they don't know won't hurt them or your warranty. ;)

If it's just regular service, your normal service tech isn't even going to hook up any kind of engine diagnostic machine to the car. just go stg 2 with gutted UP, DP (leave one cat in there Just in Case). Flash the AP to econo mode so it won't boost high and even if they take it out for a spin, they probably won't know the difference unless you go completely catless and it stinks. if they don't ask, don't tell them. you're not lying (don't lie to your techs or they will be much less willing to help you out should something go bad), you're just not giving out info either. ;)
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

voiding a warranty on a 2005 LGT wagon 5EAT? (extended warranty) If possible, what is that way? I really want to go stage 2 so bad.

technically...go get a stage 1 dyno/road protune. it will most likely be higher than a ots stage 2 cobb map.

no hardware and just uninstall for dealer service.

^ Definitely, but if you have an 05, you might as well gut the UP as well while your at it.

I wouldn't go stg 2 on a gutted DP only. bare minimum, you should have catless UP and DP, possibly keep the mid pipe catted.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i've heard some stories (verified if you search) that the pre turbo cat broke apart got sucked into the turbo and broke the turbo.

also theres SOME added performance benefit to a catless uppipe. I dont understand why people would shy away from it.. i think slightly faster spool and something else that i can't remember.

car for sale. PM me!

Yes, any STi up will/should fit your car. I just did it with an 04 STi up, it took a whole 5.5 hours and that was with about 45min of engine cooldown and I used a lift/stall at the auto hobby shop here on base.

As for voiding the warranty, the dealership probably wont cover the problem... BUT, if you use an STi up, it looks stock so you can probably get away with that, or just gut your stocker and put it back in.

As for the DP, I just gutted the stock (funding, not warranty driven) and used the STi up... Its great! It also looks stock, so dealerships probably wouldnt hassle you too much if something went bad, unless they really went to town and did a lot of checking/work to find out.

As for the AP, if you have any issues, just set it back to stock, keep the AP at home so they dont see it, and have them check it out, maybe buy a non-gutted DP so that you can change it back quickly before you go in.

Oh, one thing I did remember, I did have to do the resistor mod with the STi up... And the dealership would notice that... But you should do the resistor mod even if you gut your OEM up... Dont want your EGT to break up and go into the turbo and screw it up.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

If it's just regular service, your normal service tech isn't even going to hook up any kind of engine diagnostic machine to the car. just go stg 2 with gutted UP, DP (leave one cat in there Just in Case). Flash the AP to econo mode so it won't boost high and even if they take it out for a spin, they probably won't know the difference unless you go completely catless and it stinks. if they don't ask, don't tell them. you're not lying (don't lie to your techs or they will be much less willing to help you out should something go bad), you're just not giving out info either. ;)

and so i don't need to do anything to my stock downpipe?

Exactly. Stock DP has 2 cats. Gut the one closest to the turbo and leave the other one. Its REALLY easy, I had my doubts and worries, but its a breeze honestly... Just print out the directions from the up pipe removal thread and follow them, its great :)
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived