LegacyGT.com

Rota Torques

Golf4283

So I'm looking at getting some new rims and am really leaning towards rota Torque 18x8 in gunmetal. I was wondering if anyone has these on their car and what they think they'll look like on an OBP Legacy. I'm still on the fence about color of the rim as I want a darker colored rim. I think gunmetal would be cool but I am really looking for a color that is like the Acura TL Type-S uses. Its like a really dark Grey color.

Any pictures and suggestions would be great.

Steel grey would get you close to the color you are seeking.

Here are my new Tarmac II's in steel grey (that I am posting pictures of every chance I get). :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52208&d=1209692054

SpecB, I like your center caps. Did you get the overlays from grafx-werks?

Yeah...they look okay and I did get them from grafxwerks. The overlays are great quality but the Rota centercaps have the raised "R", so up close (less than 1') you could kinda see the R underneath since it is raised. If you stand next to the car you will never notice, but when changing or cleaning the wheels it becomes more obvious..I should have sanded down the caps before applying the decals.

BTW, if you decide to order them; the "STi" lettering is regular pink and the background is gloss black, the diameter is 2 and 9/16"...they fit perfectly.

Spec B, I have probably asked this before, but what suspension?

BC Racing coilovers..I love them, not too harsh and pretty good adjustability.

Yeah...they look okay and I did get them from grafxwerks. The overlays are great quality but the Rota centercaps have the raised "R", so up close (less than 1') you could kinda see the R underneath since it is raised. If you stand next to the car you will never notice, but when changing or cleaning the wheels it becomes more obvious..I should have sanded down the caps before applying the decals.

BTW, if you decide to order them; the "STi" lettering is regular pink and the background is gloss black, the diameter is 2 and 9/16"...they fit perfectly.

That was my thinking, peel off the old sticker and put liquidomed new ones on it their place.

I was kind of hoping I could get Pleides rather than STi or GT, etc... Ideally I would have used the original center caps that came with the car...

how do you like the Ion's? Are you running them on stock struts or aftermarket?

I like them. I think the progressive rate up front takes out the harshness, but they get stiffer as the load increases. Still on stock struts - about 10 K on the struts with the iONS. Around town the stock struts work OK but on the highway it pogos a little. Once these wear out, I'll give the Konis a try.

I like them. I think the progressive rate up front takes out the harshness, but they get stiffer as the load increases. Still on stock struts - about 10 K on the struts with the iONS. Around town the stock struts work OK but on the highway it pogos a little. Once these wear out, I'll give the Konis a try.

I see, yeah I have had problems with running lowering springs on stock struts before and after about 2 months 3 out of the 4 stock struts were blown.

So, that's why I was asking. I will probably do the swifts and konis at the same time, so I don't have that experience again.

Archived