LegacyGT.com

Performance Parts for EJ22 ??

I have a 1990 legacy wagon that i want to turn into a sleeper. It seems as if no mainstream company makes parts for this engine size. I'd have to fabricate stuff.

Will the EJ25 aftermarket parts work on my 2.2L?

Thanks

I don't really know, but things like cold air intakes and whatnot should just be bolt on i think. Always ask if you can return anything you buy, incase it doesn't fit your 2.2L just to be safe.

okay cool - i guess a lot of companies have specific models for spicific engine configs. Even K&N doesnt make one for the ej22. I thought they made stuff for like, EVERY car, ever..

I don't really know, but things like cold air intakes and whatnot should just be bolt on i think. Always ask if you can return anything you buy, incase it doesn't fit your 2.2L just to be safe.

never ever bought car parts without reading a "no returns" policy

ever

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

Grimmspeed made a limited run of Phenolic Intake manifold spacers. I have one full set will all gaskets, but got rid of the previous car before I installed it. PM me if you're interested in buying it, and/or grimmspeed if you want more info on what it's supposed to do.

Finding performance parts for the 2.2 is very tough. GroupA makes a lightweight Pulley, you can PM 'Reason' a member here for details.

• 2 weeks later...
Welllll it would cool to eventually do a turbo conversion. but i feel like it would be a better idea to just get the wrx motor or sti motor because of the better layout and stronger parts. plus every parts maker has stuff for the 2.5 turbo and 2.0 turbo engines

• 2 years later...

Archived