LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium - 1st Place in June 2008 Motor Trend comparison

My cousin picked up a 2.5X in Silver with a couple of packages and a few accessories last night. I gotta admit, even at the base level, the Forester is pretty nice. Brought it by our house, and compared it to my sisters 05 Forester. The 09 is a much better/classy looking vehicle, even in base trim. It sucks that the luggage rack and foglights are gone on the base models though...

I'm tempted to take advantage of the VIP pricing on a black or blue Forester XT Limited with navigation, and get several accessories (front under guard, rubber floor mats, subwoofer, alarm, Sirius radio, auto-dimming mirrors, cargo tray) and SPT parts (exhaust, intake, strut tower brace, chassis brace) and hopefully a Cobb AP. I would assume that would make it as quick or slightly quicker than my 5EAT LGT.

Maybe ditch the stock tires for gripper summer tires, and order a set of 16" wheels with knobby Winterforce (?) tires.

Get the grille too.

It is still ugly.

I dunno why, or what attracts me to the new Forester. I want something fast, which is why the G8 GT is in my top 3, but I guess after 3 years with a sedan running on low profiles on roads with monster potholes - I am looking for something a bit more rugged for those types of driving conditions.

Also, thinking a Mini Cooper S, as it has good performance, excellent handling, and very good gas mileage - which with the way things are now, makes it look attractive.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived